strange DAB reception fault. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-18, 07:15 AM   #1

Default strange DAB reception fault.

for the last couple of days my DAB reception has been awful on my drive into work in the morning it keeps dropping out but on the return journey home in the afternoon it is fine and doesn't drop out at all,i'm assuming its atmospherics but has anybody else had the same issues.
Sumner123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-18, 08:30 AM   #2

Only on the TV in the kitchen
508GT180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-18, 09:05 AM   #3

I have other problems with the DAB setup, but I did improve reception by replacing the short aerial with a longer one, 65cm in length to be exact.

What is the little signal strength indicator telling you?

Old 27-06-18, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
I have other problems with the DAB setup, but I did improve reception by replacing the short aerial with a longer one, 65cm in length to be exact.

What is the little signal strength indicator telling you?
when it is working on the station I listen to (absolute radio) the signal indicator is showing the lowest setting but normally that is enough but when it looses signal there is nothing on the indicator,on the journey home the indicator is at the lowest reading and it doesn't cut out at all,it has only happened the last couple of mornings.
Old 27-06-18, 06:19 PM   #5

You do have a weak signal then, so it wouldn't take much to cut out. The one problem with digital, it either works or it doesn't, not like FM where it gets fuzzy when a poor signal.
Probably atmospheric. Have you tried a selection of different DAB stations to see if they do it too?

My aerial swap certainly improved DAB reception. Mine cuts out whenever I select reverse gear. Signal strength drops to nothing.
Old 28-06-18, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
You do have a weak signal then, so it wouldn't take much to cut out. The one problem with digital, it either works or it doesn't, not like FM where it gets fuzzy when a poor signal.
Probably atmospheric. Have you tried a selection of different DAB stations to see if they do it too?

My aerial swap certainly improved DAB reception. Mine cuts out whenever I select reverse gear. Signal strength drops to nothing.
yes it seems to happen on all stations but it was slightly better this morning but it seemed to happen on a small section of my journey at Newmarket so I wonder if something has changed in the area to interfere with reception,before Newmarket it was fine and after Newmarket it was fine but in between it would cut out momentarily but its weird that on my return journey it is fine all the way home.maybe my unit needs an update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in