Start/stop - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-18, 04:01 PM   #1

Default Start/stop

Hi had the car for nearly a week now and I've not had the start stop kick in yet.

Read on other posts that battery maybe under charged which is understandable as car been at dealers since January and covered 7miles from then to me picking it up.

But yesterday I gave it a good drive 150+ miles A-roads and Motorway all way back (although was rush hour so fair amount of traffic)

However it still wasn't working by time I came off the motorway

Surely battery be fully charged by the above drive.

Car going to dealers tomorrow as spare key lost its connection with the car so being reprogrammed. Will ask them about start stop... But any ideas on here

2016 1.2 puretech EAT6 - Allure model
Bimster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-03-18, 04:02 PM   #2

I meant 2015 sorry
Old 14-03-18, 07:29 PM   #3

We became owners of our 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 308 Active SW (phew, wotta mouthful) in September 2016 at 17 months old. The start/stop always seemed a bit flaky but during mid 2016 it became more and more reluctant to engage. We took it to our local dealers who did some tests, charged the battery up and asked us to try driving it for a while to see if it would return. It didn't get any better.

We weren't able get anything done before we went away on our summer holiday and I really could have done with the start/stop when driving through Paris and the like! Anyway, back in the UK in September we booked the car in. They tried various things (with us driving it for a week or two each time) and we eventually got it back in November with it fixed.

They had changed the radio unit, fitted a new battery (the original one was only charging up to 75%) and replaced the servo air flaps behind the front grill that I can remember. There may have been other things but as it all (except for the servo flaps) was under warranty I can't be sure.

In summary - get it done under warranty if you can! There are a seemingly limitless number of things that have to be right for start/stop to work and you really don't want to be paying for it out of your own pocket. The battery seems to be crucial and does not have a long life for the very fussy system. What would be good enough for any normal car probably won't be for start/stop.

My opinion is that start/stop is a bit of a gimmick. If it goes wrong again after the warranty has run out and I can't ascertain why using Diagbox there's a strong possibility that it'll remain unfixed.
Paul-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-03-18, 07:36 PM   #4

Brilliant thanks will definitely mention it tomorrow. Car 3 years old end of may and got another 11months warranty from the dealer. Do will push for it to get sorted.

My previous car was a VW CC 2013 2.0tdi manual and start stop worked well in that. Obviously have to let engine get to temperature etc and in winter months didn't work too well with longer to get warm etc. But on normal days n summer. Worked faultless
Old 14-03-18, 08:37 PM   #5

They'll probably ask you to see if it kicks in after a long drive. When it didn't work after a trip to Birmingham (~75 miles) they accepted that something was wrong.
Old 14-03-18, 08:57 PM   #6

Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently disable the stop/start (i.e. without having to press the button each time I start the car)?

I find the system (in all cars) a bit of a gimmick and whilst fine if your car is stopped for 30 seconds plus, when crawling in a traffic jam I find it a pain. Plus have concerns for the longevity of the parts with all the engine starting. I also find myself leaving the clutch in so the engine doesn't switch off!
Burgerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-18, 12:06 AM   #7

I'm sure you are not the first to ask that, and I'm equally sure that the answer was no.
It is a pain in slow moving traffic I do agree.
Old 15-03-18, 07:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerbob View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently disable the stop/start (i.e. without having to press the button each time I start the car)?

I find the system (in all cars) a bit of a gimmick and whilst fine if your car is stopped for 30 seconds plus, when crawling in a traffic jam I find it a pain. Plus have concerns for the longevity of the parts with all the engine starting. I also find myself leaving the clutch in so the engine doesn't switch off!
I find it a waste of time first thing I do when I go out is switch the damn thing off If mine is vet went wrong it would stay broken.
Reefer Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-18, 11:02 AM   #9

The best thing I can suggest is to change one of the factors that are checked before the start/stop is given the OK. If you can get hold of a battery that is "only" capable of being 75% charged that'll be good enough for everything except the start/stop.

One other line to investigate might be to disable the ultra capacitor in some way. As this is only used for the start/stop that would surely, err, stop the start/stop. Rather than physically disabling the ultra capacitor, which would surely throw up errors, maybe its presence could be switched off using Diagbox?
Old 15-03-18, 11:26 AM   #10

But why? What is so annoying to you?
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in