Spurious(?) Adblue warning - currently resolved (DIY). - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-17, 05:51 PM   #1

Default Spurious(?) Adblue warning - currently resolved (DIY).

Car been running well all year but the other day Mrs borrowed it (total coincidence I'm sure) came back and said there was a urea warning and car is saying it will stop in 700 miles. There was also another message around engine management fault and take to dealer etc. SERVICE and UREA lights were illuminated in cluster.

Car had been driving and continued to drive perfectly normally.

Initially assumed dealership had not topped up Adblue at major service 3 months ago so after cursing them popped into Halfords and got a 10L container of Adblue as currently on offer.

However, tank was brimmed after addition of no more than 1.5L of Adblue (...sorry Dealer).

Error did not clear after everything put back in place and after couple of restarts.

Decided to plug in ELM dongle and see if any codes stored.

Only one code stored and that was P20E8 "Reductant Pressure too Low".

Googled this and appears quite a common fault code across a number of manufacturers, particularly Ford, but in all examples cited there was no actual issue on investigation of sensors/wiring and Adblue pump/pressure etc.

Took a chance and decided to clear code, did not clear on first reset (could have been my fault rushing it) but disappeared on second and has not returned after a couple of days. Will continue to monitor but car running very well, not that it ever wasn't...

I am aware there have been cases where Adblue top-up has not removed message and also a possible recall or advisory around Adblue tank wiring harness? Hopefully this will be an isolated incident but as I say I will keep an eye on it and update if any changes. Good to get some use out of the ELM dongle after 3 years

Last edited by oligo333; 29-09-17 at 09:16 PM.
oligo333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-17, 05:29 PM   #2

There was a recall to change the wiring loom. Apparently the loom gives spurious refill messages or the message cannot be reset. I had mine changed when they asked if I wanted the "quality recall" done last time at the garage.
Old 01-10-17, 10:58 AM   #3

Thanks, thought as much, wan't offered or mentioned at my last service in June though. Did have the auxiliary belt advisory done, or something like that...Will keep an eye on it and hit them up for the replacement if it happens again

Old 13-08-19, 10:17 PM   #4

Question Paul

2015 Peugeot partner tepee ad blue light came on to top up. then counting down to no start situation. into Peugeot garage topped right up diagnostics codes cleared wallet 120 lighter, told urea pump pressure low might be new tank/pump complete . drove 3 miles and light back on. into second Peugeot garage nearer home again diagnostics indicating low urea pump pressure and again new tank/pump may have to be fitted at major cost.
Since last diagnostics / code clearing drove 3 miles and light back on / engine turned off straight away ad blue filler cap removed and attempted to blow/suck through cap to see if ventilated. Cap is NOT ventilated. left cap off and tissue in filler neck for 80 miles/no lights came on. Now have removed O ring seal from neck of ad blue fill point and put ad blue cap back on. Now 350 miles later no further Ad blue/urea warning lights have came on.
My thinking is, as cap was not allowing air into ad blue tank when urea is pumped out, and vacuum was forming in tank(as sucking liquid from a bottle) this was causing urea pump to struggle and show low pump pressure.
My thinking is that this is a design fault and Peugeot are aware but not admitting it.
paul western is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in