SOS flashing red & LED warning & garage re-route - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Brilec
  • 1 Post By BiGK
  • 1 Post By Mr Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-19, 01:26 PM   #1

Default SOS flashing red & LED warning & garage re-route

I have a 308sw GT line 67 plate

Itís just been in for its 2 years service with no issues found. The

The sos button used to be working fine, since Iíve had car back itís flashing a red light which shows thereís an issue with it.

I was just wondering is there anything I can do to reactivate it within the screen settings?. The screen went blank and wiped all my profiles and radio stations before it went in for the service.

Also another annoying issue, car has been in a few times but they canít fix it as no error codes. When the LED headlights are left in manual position on the stalk and I turn engine on, a green note comes up on screen with an audible warning and the car then re- routes on satnav a list of the nearest garages and wipes out any route you had put in. Does this very frequently.

My rear 12v isnít working - was going to change the fuse as itís an easy job, but where exactly are the fuses ? This photo shows my view of glovebox fuse area.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails
e5c7c0d0-58b0-4214-b135-49f90d571566.jpg  
Pug_207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-07-19, 08:28 PM   #2

The fusebox is a nightmare.

The car is under warranty, keep on at them until they get it fixed. You start messing and you get the blame for the problem.
Pug_207 likes this.
Old 19-07-19, 09:05 PM   #3

You bought an expensive car for one main reason: You have a problem with the car, it's not your problem. Get to the dealers and get them to fix it. That's what you are paying for.
Pug_207 likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-08-19, 10:15 AM   #4

Default Car booked in

Thanks for the replies

Had the car booked in this week as have been in a for a hip injection at hospital. Had the car booked in on Saturday, but the garage called back to say they don't do diagnostics on a Saturday!

Also the under plastic tray on driver's side fell off whilst driving, luckily through a residential area so it was under 20mph. The tray hung off and had to get the AA out to assist, he couldn't get the tray back up so had to take the part hanging down off. Have asked them to fix this under warranty too as things shouldn't be fallen off the car but they've not mentioned anything yet till they inspect the car.

Garage say i'll have to pay a diagnostics charge for the LED issues. I've just had it in for it's 2 years service and it had diagnostics then and no error codes. Same last October. As they're not fining codes they don't seem to know what do next. I don't think I should be paying this fee to get the car checked under warranty again.
Old 26-08-19, 11:48 AM   #5

Take pictures / videos of the issues before it goes in & if the dealer wont play ball contact Peugeot customer service.

As for the under tray, check very carefully for any damage inflicted by speed bumps before blaming the dealer.
Pug_207 likes this.
Old 13-09-19, 08:19 PM   #6

Default Updates

Car has had itís undertray looked at, despite a small part missing from it, garage say theyíre happy with it and thatís the end of that. So good to get it looked at.

Car has been in for a full week.

SOS flashing red light fault, originally told it was a bit of software it needed. Thatís now changed to it needing a part ordered in specific to my VIN number from France. That will arrive within 2 weeks.

Rattling on front of car had developed too, this has been found to be anti bar links worn on both sides, which has been fixed under warranty.

Rear 12v socket that wasnít working was a fuse as I had thought, but couldnít get into the fuses. Thatís been fixed 👍🏻

The whole LED dipped beam issues remains outstanding and despite handing over a video to the garage of what happens, theyíve said they wonít do any work on lights unless fault appears when theyíre looking at it to witness it. Thatís not happened then.

ďAlso another annoying issue, car has been in a few times but they canít fix it as no error codes. When the LED headlights are left in manual position on the stalk and I turn engine on, a green note comes up on screen with an audible warning and the car then re- routes on satnav a list of the nearest garages and wipes out any route you had put in. Does this very frequently.Ē

This escalated to an orange fixed service light, check dipped beam error message and the green dipped beam light was flashing, this time the dipped beams werenít working via the stalk, but going outside and using the middle light button on the keys the dipped beam came on and off. It took several attempts of turning the carís engine on and off to get the car to switch the lights on.

This has been going on for a year now, unless garage witness said fault, no error codes have been given, then they arenít offering any solutions.

As this fault happens when parked and driving then itís dangerous for the lights to switch off in the dark.

Anyone else had this issue with their LED dipped beams?

Have had a courtesy car which was appreciated! My own car has been in for a whole week and itís only had the anti roll bar links fixed.

Good to have my car back but wish the LEDís were more reliable!
Attached Thumbnails
a14f40d3-8859-4d82-a60f-9cea85ce5a55.jpg   11db2994-e989-4e96-b215-f57b57897a84.jpg   d3dc675b-8d7f-498a-a6db-e3e18b6e4a0a.jpg  
Old 14-09-19, 04:41 AM   #7

Ask the garage to either look again at the reported / videoed fault with the lights & fix it OR they can await an email from Peugeot customer service when you contact them to complain.

Maybe send the video to Peugeot customer service along with your complaint.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in