Slightly Stuck Clutch Pedal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-19, 04:02 PM   #1

Default Slightly Stuck Clutch Pedal

I've sometimes noticed my clutch pedal gets a bit 'stuck' and doesn't come back all the way when letting my foot off.

It doesn't affect using the clutch or driving in any other way it's just a bit annoying and a little odd and I was wondering if it's a common issue and expensive to get sorted?
gtasean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-19, 04:06 PM   #2

First of all, check that if you have footwell overmats fitted that it hasn't slipped down a bit and is catching the pedal when depressed.

This happened to me last year when people were posting about this big problem with the clutch pedal. I thought I was OK and then a couple of days later it happened to us! A few minutes reclipping the overmat cured the fault.
Old 26-04-19, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
First of all, check that if you have footwell overmats fitted that it hasn't slipped down a bit and is catching the pedal when depressed.

This happened to me last year when people were posting about this big problem with the clutch pedal. I thought I was OK and then a couple of days later it happened to us! A few minutes reclipping the overmat cured the fault.
Did think that might've been it, but I checked and in my case it doesn't seem to the issue unfortunately.

It's weird, if I've noticed it's done it I can put my foot underneath the pedal and it just needs a ever so slight nudge and it'll 'ping' up.

Old 26-04-19, 04:52 PM   #4

Check the level of the brake fluid as the clutch is fed from the brake reservoir and if it gets too low it stops feeding the clutch this can make the pedal go low but it could also be a bad cylinder/return spring.
Old 26-04-19, 08:10 PM   #5

Could be a bit of friction anywhere round the clutch pedal. Worth spraying some PTFE lubricant up at the top end of the pedal where the push rod joins.
Old 29-04-19, 08:10 AM   #6

Could be the clutch pedal spring. There is a Peugeot Bulletin on this. If you take it to Peugeot they will replace it under warranty.

I'm having issues atm. Had clutch pedal string, new clutch and now a new master cylinder tomorrow. Unfortunately not a great model for clutch's.
lockstock27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-19, 01:19 PM   #7

Interesting to hear that is a Peugeot known thing, I'm wondering if it'd be worth giving my local dealer a call and mention it.

They sorted out my axle noise issue which was a known thing last year with the foam stuff, though I've now unfortunately noticed it slowly returning
Old 29-04-19, 01:29 PM   #8

Unfortunately the foam fix just masks the true issue long enough to get them outside normal warranty they then hit you with wear and tear !!

They will no doubt say the clutch issue is NOT a known issue
Old 29-04-19, 01:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtasean View Post
Interesting to hear that is a Peugeot known thing, I'm wondering if it'd be worth giving my local dealer a call and mention it.

They sorted out my axle noise issue which was a known thing last year with the foam stuff, though I've now unfortunately noticed it slowly returning
Mines back tomorrow for a master cylinder which is apparently another Peugeot bulletin for customers experiencing the issue i'm experiencing.
They said that with the spring... then it had a clutch... So I mean... I'm suspecting something that begins with bull. Cars been a mare so far. Once (IF) it's fixed up i'm look at getting shot of it.
lockstock27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in