Sat Nav problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-18, 09:13 AM   #1

Default Sat Nav problem

My wife Sat Nav playing up
loss of satellites 0 present
i have a reset not cured problem
I have read many threads is just a firmware update,
Dab radio working fine
any suggestions

thanks phil
twin turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-09-18, 10:22 AM   #2

On my C5 (which also has a Magnetti Marelli satnav system) when I had that problem the dealer ended up changing the complete radio head unit. Fortunately the car was still under warranty.

If yours is still under warranty I would get it down there pronto.
Old 25-09-18, 10:38 PM   #3

it was registered 2015 march i bought it second hand is it still covered

Old 25-09-18, 10:42 PM   #4

Three years is the standard warranty so, unless you have an extended warranty from wherever you bought it from, no. How long ago did you buy it? Was it from a car dealer? If it was not very long ago you might be able to claim from a business anyway.
Old 25-09-18, 10:53 PM   #5

i bought it January with just 3 months warranty only what about a firmware update
Old 26-09-18, 12:00 AM   #6

I doubt a firmware update would be the answer. Did the number of satellites that can be seen gradually reduce or was it a case of there one day and gone the next time you looked.

I'm not 100% sure of how the 308 system is set up but the parts that can fail are probably only the radio/head-end or the roof antenna/amplifier. That's assuming that the GPS antenna is combined with the roof antenna on your car. Is your whip a stubby affair or one about 10" long? Having said that, if the DAB is still working then there's every chance that the roof antenna is OK.

I suspect you may need to get the BSI read with a Diagbox to see if any errors are being recorded there. But I'm not even sure that that if the sat nav itself fails that it would throw up an error.
twin turbo likes this.
Old 26-09-18, 08:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
I doubt a firmware update would be the answer. Did the number of satellites that can be seen gradually reduce or was it a case of there one day and gone the next time you looked.

I'm not 100% sure of how the 308 system is set up but the parts that can fail are probably only the radio/head-end or the roof antenna/amplifier. That's assuming that the GPS antenna is combined with the roof antenna on your car. Is your whip a stubby affair or one about 10" long? Having said that, if the DAB is still working then there's every chance that the roof antenna is OK.

I suspect you may need to get the BSI read with a Diagbox to see if any errors are being recorded there. But I'm not even sure that that if the sat nav itself fails that it would throw up an error.
10" long and it just stopped working stuck on same map position even after reset
Old 26-09-18, 09:33 AM   #8

Unless anyone else has any ideas I think your next step is to have the codes read. A Peugeot dealer will want something like 90 to do this so it might be easier just to ask them to investigate the problem as it stands.

Alternatively is there a Peugeot indie anywhere near you (where is that - you don't say) or maybe an enthusiast with a Diagbox near by? If you get the codes read by a cheapo code reader then this will probably not tell you anything that isn't obvious, you need a Diagbox or really high end (Snap-On, Bosch, etc) multi marque reader to investigate deep into the BSI and associated ECUs.

You say you have done a reset. Is this just of the radio or have you tried a BSI reset (switch off ignition, leave car alone for 5-10 minutes, disconnect battery, etc)?

Having said all of the previous I am still pessimistic that the radio head-end will need replacing.
Old 26-09-18, 10:34 PM   #9

i live in Bradford if that helps
Old 26-09-18, 10:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
Unless anyone else has any ideas I think your next step is to have the codes read. A Peugeot dealer will want something like 90 to do this so it might be easier just to ask them to investigate the problem as it stands.

Alternatively is there a Peugeot indie anywhere near you (where is that - you don't say) or maybe an enthusiast with a Diagbox near by? If you get the codes read by a cheapo code reader then this will probably not tell you anything that isn't obvious, you need a Diagbox or really high end (Snap-On, Bosch, etc) multi marque reader to investigate deep into the BSI and associated ECUs.

You say you have done a reset. Is this just of the radio or have you tried a BSI reset (switch off ignition, leave car alone for 5-10 minutes, disconnect battery, etc)?

Having said all of the previous I am still pessimistic that the radio head-end will need replacing.
i have not tried battery yet I might give it a go at weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in