Resetting Fault Codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-19, 08:58 PM   #1

Default Resetting Fault Codes

How can i go about resetting fault codes/ modules on a GT?

Been looking online and some cars have certain things you can do to reset stuff just wondering if there is such a thing with these or is it just through the port? Which system would i need to do it through the port also?

Thanks
Criispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-04-19, 08:21 AM   #2

Not sure what you mean by resetting modules but resetting fault codes quite often isn't necessary if the cause is temporary.

An example: if you run out of fuel (this is my diesel experience, petrol may be different) then a warning light will appear on the dashboard. When you put fuel in, which removes the cause, the light stays on for a while before disappearing after about 5 - 10 engine restarts. The fault is still logged and can be read by code readers.

If there's a fault which triggers a warning light that doesn't disappear after fixing the cause you will need to use a decent code reader to clear the lamp/message. The preferred reader is a clone of the official PSA Diagbox but high-end readers can get a fair way in to the ECUs. Only Diagbox can do everything though.

What sort of things are you wanting to change? These are not faults if I understand you correctly.
Old 13-04-19, 08:29 AM   #3

Ive got automatic headlamp adjustment fault coming on soon as i turn the lights on even if im sitting still.

Its been on ever since i hit a pothole in the road earlier in week, had a garage plug a reader in and it aint coming up with fault codes but my service light comes on and flags up 'automatic headlamp adjustment fault' when lights come on when its on auto, and if you put them on manually but both service light and fault vanishes when lights are off.

Ive had car up on ramps last night thinking it might of knocked a sensor or something but both front and rear sensor are still there and the little rods are still connected.

I just thought the judder might of confused it and then as its logged a error code it comes on instantly.
Criispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-04-19, 08:58 AM   #4

That will be one of the suspension sensors has been damaged or a wire loose. A generic EOBD code reader won't tell you about that, they generally only read ECU problems.
You would have to get it checked with a more specific code reader.
Certainly Diagbox would give you all the information available.
Old 13-04-19, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post

An example: if you run out of fuel (this is my diesel experience, petrol may be different) then a warning light will appear on the dashboard. When you put fuel in, which removes the cause, the light stays on for a while before disappearing after about 5 - 10 engine restarts. The fault is still logged and can be read by code readers.

Never seen any car yet that needs 5-10 engine starts after refueling to put the fuel light out,or heard of a fault code being logged for low fuel
Old 13-04-19, 10:56 AM   #6

Haven't run out fuel in either the C5 X7 or 308 yet but did do so in both my Mk1 C5 and Phase 2 Xsara. These both exhibited the lamp for several restarts. It's logged as a low fuel pressure problem - no fuel to pump of course!

It wasn't the low fuel lamp, it's the error warning lamp (MIL).
Old 13-04-19, 03:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
Haven't run out fuel in either the C5 X7 or 308 yet but did do so in both my Mk1 C5 and Phase 2 Xsara. These both exhibited the lamp for several restarts. It's logged as a low fuel pressure problem - no fuel to pump of course!

It wasn't the low fuel lamp, it's the error warning lamp (MIL).
Ah ok i get you, I misread your post the first time around
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in