Recent observations - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-18, 08:32 AM   #1

Default Recent observations

Having had my car now for about 10 weeks and done about 1350 miles, some things I've noticed:

1. The rear view mirror is quite loose, so whilst it makes it easy to adjust, jolting the car also makes it move. I'm guessing it's an issue that I will need to get sorted

2. My brother drove the car, with me in the passenger seat, and I could see a red light on the dash, between the rev counter and the centre display. On closer inspection, it's very slight overspill from the back of the rev counter needle housing.

3. If you turn off the 'Eco' system, the orange light from the button, for me, reflects right on the edge of the drivers door mirror. First time I noticed it was in the dark, and it took me a while to figure out what it was....

4. Having issues with music streamed by bluetooth from my phone jumping . It does it on virtually every track, for about half a second or so, but it's irritating. I don't think it's my phone as I've used it on about 3 or 4 other bluetooth devices, including my old car, without any issues.
Advertisement

Old 18-05-18, 09:52 AM   #2

I've had my 2016 - 308 just under a week / 150 miles.

Number 3 - yes i've noticed that to.

I've tried the Bluetooth streaming from my phone & had no issue with it, my 308 is running the latest touchscreen software.

Your car should still be under Peugeot manufacturer warranty, book it in with your Peugeot dealer to look at the mirror issue & update the touch screen software.

Mine's gotta go back on 2nd of June for the JAD engine ecu software update - i would suspect your one will need the same update.
Mr Lee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-05-18, 11:14 AM   #3

308SW 2016. 71kkm
1. Rear view mirror is firm
2. Not noticed
3. My ECO is allways on
4. Using BT just for telephone calls, so did'nt notice
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-05-18, 07:33 PM   #4

2. When I have travelled as a passenger itís the red light from the back of the temperature gauge needle that catches my eye and really annoys me. Bit of a first world problem I suppose

Not noticed any of the others.
Old 19-05-18, 09:35 PM   #5

Can't say I've noticed any of those on my car, but to be fair, it's rare I turn the eco off, i've never sat in the passenger seat, and never streamed from my phone. I would say that my mirror is if anything too stiff making it hard to adjust.

One, small, bug bear I did have is how the chrome from the air vents reflects in the mirrors. But to be honest, after 10,000 miles I'm now so used to it its not noticable anymore.
Burgerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-18, 11:35 PM   #6

I would have said my mirror was quite stiff too.
Old 20-05-18, 08:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danram View Post
2. When I have travelled as a passenger itís the red light from the back of the temperature gauge needle that catches my eye and really annoys me. Bit of a first world problem I suppose

Not noticed any of the others.
Sorry, yes, I meant the temperature gauge needle.

Looks like the mirror issue will need a trip to the dealer
Old 20-05-18, 12:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingoman View Post
Having had my car now for about 10 weeks and done about 1350 miles, some things I've noticed:

1. The rear view mirror is quite loose,

2. I could see a red light on the dash, between the rev counter and the centre display.

3. If you turn off the 'Eco' system, the orange light from the button, for me, reflects right on the edge of the drivers door mirror.

4. Having issues with music streamed by bluetooth from my phone jumping .

1) Get it fixed under warranty I have had lots of interior parts done under warranty. Both visors were replaced as they appear to creak. I keep my visor down all the time. When a new driver drives they put the visor up so the hinge creaks...

2) Sounds odd not seen this on my car. Wonder if its been there from day one or if someone has tampered with display unit.

3) I think it depends on how tall you maybe as I am quite short and don't see any reflection of my button. Also at night I have the everything dimmed to the max. I cannot stand bright displays when driving at night as its
distracting. Prefer cockpit fighter style dash.

4) I have seen this on mine when I have a charging cable plugged in and also a HDD plugged in. It gets confused at the slightest movement of the charging cable and tries to select the other source. Fails then reverts to radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in