Peugeot 308 2015 Active edition - Add subwoofer? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-18, 07:11 AM   #1

Talking Peugeot 308 2015 Active edition - Add subwoofer?

Hi,

First of all, a big shoutout to the door trim removal guide @PaulMillard on this forum. Just upgraded my speakers in the front to Pioneer TS171-C and it couldn`t have gone smoother. Also used sound deafening mats from Ground Zero which I can strongly recommend when upgrading to any speaker. I register that some people didnīt fully recommed this Pioneer-set to the car, but complementing with the mats I believe it is really good value for money. (Cost me about 200 GBP with speakers and 40x sheets of GZ mats) Clear sound, with some kick to it, but obviously lack som lower frequence.

However, since Iīve already started this speaker-project, I want to look for an installment of a subwoofer as well.

I know there is some space under the rear seat, and I wonder if anyone of you have some experience and maybe a recommendation for a small sub that would easily fit in there? Donīt want to remove space from my luggage room and I do not need anything big, just a component to fill out the lower frequency which the Pioneer-set canīt handle.

Secondly, I was also hoping that some of you would have a recommendation on an amp to supply the subwoofer, if needed.

Thirdly, Iīve also heard some rumours that you could steal the signal from the rear speakers, using a crossover in order for less cabling and confusion for the head unit in the car and since I have no clue I was hoping that maybe some of you know if this is possible?

All the best,
P.Jakobsen

Last edited by Pjakobsen93; 30-07-18 at 07:26 AM.
Pjakobsen93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-07-18, 07:27 AM   #2

Which TS-171C?
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-18, 07:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisha View Post
Which TS-171C?
My bad, Pioneer TS-Q171C.
Beware that the only "issue" (if you can call it a issue) is that the installation holes in the componet doesnīt correspond with the ones in the door. It lacks 1-2 cm. I just used a small drill and it works superb.
Pjakobsen93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-07-18, 08:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjakobsen93 View Post
My bad, Pioneer TS-Q171C.
Beware that the only "issue" (if you can call it a issue) is that the installation holes in the componet doesnīt correspond with the ones in the door. It lacks 1-2 cm. I just used a small drill and it works superb.
Yes, I know that. I'll tried these in my car and leave tweeters in.
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in