P20E8 fault code and urea tank - Page 24 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-19, 09:56 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST37 View Post
If you read the manual it tells you how to reset the UREA warning after you've performed an UREA top up. You turn the ignition on BUT don't start the engine, wait 10 seconds for the new ADBLUE level to be recognised and then start the engine. I did this after I topped up mine and the system instantly recognised the new level and it's been fine since. It wouldn't surprise me if that's all they did - scandalous that they charged you for doing this! Not sure if Peugeot are still offering the ADBLUE top-up - they were at one time doing an up to 10 ltrs for 10 top-up service - i did it once and ended up being kept waiting for 40 minutes - in spite of being assured that it would only be a 5 minute task. Since then I bought 10 ltrs for 9 and did it myself - with no issues, and taking only 5 minutes too.
Just to clarify the warning i had was not the warning to top up the Ad-Blue. I have always topped up the Ad-blue myself and did so at the end of August and the day after i received the "Emission Control Fault" warning prior to it going to Peugeot for a Diagnostic
salg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-19, 12:21 PM   #232

Send a message via Skype™ to fane_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by salg View Post
I appear to be another one with an Emission control fault. I topped up the Ad-blue in August (it had not run low at this point)and received no further low urea warning but on 20th Oct the Emission Control Fault came up. In an attempt to solve it i added more Ad-blue on 21 Oct and then booked it into the Peugeot Garage, for a diagnostic at 63 for a standard half hour labour charge. They rang me to tell me the car was ready but that no fault code had been identified and the Emission Control Fault had "reset itself", they said the problem could be an air lock because i had allowed the ad-blue to run too low and then topped it up, but this wasn't the case. When i collected the vehicle i asked for the printout from the diagnostic which showed the following faults as follows
U1109 87- communication fault with the gearbox ECU
P20F6 00- DeNox System Circuit
P20EE 00- Depollution of the De Nox System
P2BAD 00- Depollution of the De Nox System

I started to ask questions about all of these fault codes but i didn't understand his responses and he told me it was their job to interpret the codes. His parting words were, "the code may come back and you may need a new tank (Ad-blue)".

The vehicle (308 SW GT Line 2.0L )was registered in May 16, i purchased it in May 17.

Can anyone help me to interpret the codes and what it all means to someone who knows nothing about cars...

Why did peugeot not suggest fixing all of the error codes ?

I am now worried that one day i will not be able to start my car without warning...

My Adblue cap was recalled and replaced in June 18

Sorry for the long post but i didnt feel any comfort from the Peugeot garage
You battery is in good conditions ?
fane_81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in