My Peugeot app and Huawei not friends - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-18, 06:15 PM   #1
T68

Default My Peugeot app and Huawei not friends

Since I got a new phone, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, I get no data like distance and fuel consumption from the car to the My Peugeot app anymore.
The phone and car has a solid Bluetooth pairing and things like phone calls and streaming on the car system work well.
But nothing is transferred to the app on the phone.

This worked really well with my old phone, a Nexus 6p.

Anyone else seeing this? Any fix?

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
T68 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-18, 08:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T68 View Post
Since I got a new phone, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, I get no data like distance and fuel consumption from the car to the My Peugeot app anymore.
The phone and car has a solid Bluetooth pairing and things like phone calls and streaming on the car system work well.
But nothing is transferred to the app on the phone.

This worked really well with my old phone, a Nexus 6p.

Anyone else seeing this? Any fix?

No expert in Bluetooth, but as I understand it, there are different BT 'profiles' for various things like streaming music vs phone book/contacts lookup, etc. Maybe the Nexus supports some profile the Huawei doesn't...
I'd look at the BT specs listings for the phones and see what/if something differs in supported profiles
Old 11-06-18, 10:44 PM   #3

Try the following

Remove device on head unit.
Disable bluetooth on phone, reboot, enable bluetooth
Re pair phone to car

Rebooting the unit manually (Press and hold car symbol I think).

Old 12-06-18, 08:38 AM   #4

Did you enter your car VIN after installing app on new phone?
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-18, 11:52 AM   #5

I have iPhone, and the app was working almost flawlessly until one time I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Now it rarely connects. Streaming and phonecalls work as expected, no glitch there. But the MyPeugeot app connects to Pug computer like once in 10 times.

Workaround, the only one that I found so far, is to disable BT in iPhone. On Pug's display there will be a message that the phone has disconnected. Then I reenable BT in phone, go to Pug's telephone menu and click to connect the phone again. When it connects, the MyPeugeot app also connects and receives (almost) all ride data since the last sync. I say "almost" because sometimes instead of the start/end street it just says "$Date$time".

Anyhow, it is then connected but it will disconnect if a phonecall arrives, after the call (over BT, received with Pug system), the app will remain disconnected.

I don't know how & why this happens, but it renders the app unusable and a plain simple PITA. Too bad, since it was a nice little app to start with.
Old 13-06-18, 11:45 AM   #6
T68

Thanks for input! I'll try your suggestions.

Old 14-06-18, 09:15 AM   #7

I've never managed to get the app to sync with my car since I got it a year ago.

I have an iPhone 7 and all the app has ever displayed is 'recommended service info' and a mileage I entered when trying to set it up which is now way out of date.

I've tried re-pairing it with the car, removing the car from the app and re-adding the VIN etc, reinstalling the app. Nothing seems to work.

It's a shame because from what I've seen when the app does work it could be pretty useful.
gtasean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-18, 11:34 AM   #8
T68

Yes, I really appreciated the app when it worked really well on my previous phone, Nexus 6p.
Haven't had any luck with it on the new Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

Old 21-06-18, 05:23 PM   #9

I've found that as the last few weeks have progressed and as there have been a few updates to the app from the iStore new journeys take a few drives to appear. (iPhone 7 on iOS 11.4)

What I've found works best for me is to switch on bluetooth on the device, open the MyPeugeot app then start/connect the car. The app then seems to download previously completed journeys at this time.

I've noticed as well that it doesn't seem to download journeys at the end of the journey, i.e when i switch off, rather it seems to download them the next day when i switch on. It's as if it's only downloading once a day or so.
Graeme2812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-06-18, 11:05 AM   #10
T68

... and suddenly it works! Only thing that has changed is that I got an update of Wear OS on my smartwatch (Ticwatch S). Maybe the watch Bluetooth connection blocked the connection between the phone and car and phone, and the update fixed it?
Anyhow, happy it works again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in