LED suggestions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-15, 02:27 PM   #1

Default LED suggestions - New308

Please note that I have updated this thread in the New308 section. Please refer to this link to view the extra information regarding front and rear fog lights including information regarding removal the tailgate inner trim to access the rear fog lights and the removal of the front foglight trim surround:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new308-200010/

Al.

I have started changing my bulbs to LED in my New308 Allure - 2015.

These are my suggestions. You may find some of these links have been replaced but that should be obvious and an updated link should be available:

Boot area:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-W5W-T10...-/161885651143

Rear Number Plate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-W5W-T10...504&rmvSB=true

This alternative complete housing is also available: 2X LED License Plate Light White For Peugeot Citron 106 207 307 308 406 407 | eBay NB: Plugs may not fit latest model 308. Check your model and year prior to ordering.

Footwells:

9 SMD LED CANBUS ERROR FREE HID WHITE CAR SIDE LIGHT BULBS T10 501 W5W 194 | eBay

..or if they are to bright when dimmed at night go for the 5-SMD version:

T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS 5 SMD XENON WHITE W5W 501 SIDE LIGHT BULB | eBay

NB: If you fancy a change of colour these are also available in Blue, Red, Green, Amber. I've tested the 9X in Blue and it's perfect so I suggest you use the 9X if you go for the coloured version.

I had these 9X Blue in my 2008 as they looked good against the blue dial surrounds.

I've left the 9X Blue fitted as they look rather nice. I'll test the 5X Pure White later when they arrive.

UPDATE: 5X Pure White are excellent for the footwells. Good illumination when the door is opened and dim down nicely when driving with the lights on.
T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS 5 SMD XENON WHITE W5W 501 SIDE LIGHT BULB | eBay

Glove Box: See new section: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new308-200010/

Rear Turn Indicators:

25W (or 30W) XP-E

2x 25W 7507/581/BAU15S/PY21W CREE LED CANBUS BULBS AMBER INDICATOR LIGHTS BMW | eBay

OR: 50W XP-G

Error Free Amber 50W 7507 PY21W LED CREE Bulb BMW Front Turn Signal Peugeot 308 | eBay

Front Turn Indicators:

I've tested one of the rear 25W XP-E LEDs in the front and it worked fine without any warning for 'bulb out' or hyper flashing. I do feel though that a slightly more powerful LED is required in this style of LED; maybe 50W for a stronger amber light as the LED is upright and is 55mm long and fits OK. Please note that I tested these 25W as emergency flashers with ignition off. I also tested them as emergency flashers and as turn signals with aux power on. I have also now tested them in full operation mode with the engine running and they're excellent.

However; these LEDs are primarily designed for horizontal fitting hence the domed lens tip but the illumination is good and they have a more sharper and positive on/off action than the standard bulb. I still think the 50W is a better choice though.

UPDATE:...definitely go for the 50W CREE in amber. 25W or 30W in the vertical position is just not bright enough in the sunshine.

Error Free Amber 50W 7507 PY21W LED CREE Bulb BMW Front Turn Signal Peugeot 308 | eBay

NB: Halogen headlamp models are forward facing so they will take advantage of the domed lens. GT models already have front LED (sequential) indicators

Reversing lights:

2 X ULTRA BRIGHT ERROR FREE CANBUS T15 W16W 921 LED SIDELIGHT REVERSE LIGHT | eBay

No interference with reversing camera and much better illumination. Make sure you get the 11W version!!

UPDATE: I've just noticed these 15W but I have not tested them. They may be better if you live in an unlit area:

2x T15 W16W 921 15W 15SMD Xenon White Samsung LED Backup Reverse Light Lamp Bulb | eBay

Front fog lights In new section along with updates. See here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new308-200010/

Rear fog lights In new section along with updates. See here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new308-200010/

NB: Similar makes are available but I've only shown the ones I have fitted and tested. All work well and give significant improvement with no 'bulb out' warnings appearing.

Concerning the W5W/T10/501 go for the flat blade contacts like I've suggested, not the 'bent wire' type.

Concerning the W16W/T15/921 go for the flat blade contacts like I've suggested, not the 'bent wire' type.

PS: My version is an Allure. Please check your model to ensure you order the correct LED.

I am only making a suggestion as to the type. Other makes and versions are available so if you find a good one then please share the details with us all.

This thread has been updated. Please click on this link: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new308-200010/

Last edited by allan40alt; 01-03-16 at 02:25 PM.
allan40alt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-15, 04:14 PM   #2

If the 308 uses the same number plate lights like a lot of other pugs then I can recomend the following.

2PCS 18 LED SMD License Number Plate Light For Peugeot Citroen Sale-Banggood.com

I did have to file a plastic lug off the connector but they are a good replica of originals but bright enough to light the floor at the rear of the car!
Old 17-05-15, 09:26 PM   #3

Unfortunately your suggestion is not suitable for the New 308.

This is my old 2008 showing the flush lens' and the new 308 is almost identical:

(Picture is taken with boot fully open)
Attached Thumbnails
20130909_134230.jpg  

Last edited by allan40alt; 17-05-15 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added note regarding boot position

Old 25-05-15, 10:46 PM   #4

I've sent off for a pair of these to test in the reversing lights.

2 X ULTRA BRIGHT ERROR FREE CANBUS T15 W16W 921 LED SIDELIGHT REVERSE LIGHT | eBay

I'll report back as to their suitability and whether they work well with the reversing camera.

PS: I note on their listing the standard 16W bulb is stated as 240 Lumens. According to GELighting it is around 300 Lumens.
They may well have been a little 'generous' with their own LED rating.
Even so, if it gives twice the brightness of the standard bulb then I'll count that as a result when reversing into a dimly lit garage at night.

Last edited by allan40alt; 26-05-15 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added PS:
Old 26-05-15, 11:21 AM   #5

I was searching for reviews of these reversing LEDs and found this:

Amazon Amazon

Very favourable reports with pictures so I don't think there's going to be any problem.

LEDs are on their way so I should get them in a day or so for testing.

Al.
Old 29-05-15, 04:26 PM   #6

These LEDs for the reversing lights are excellent.

At least twice the brightness of the standard bulb.

Perfect and much whiter than the standard bulb.

Al.

PS: Perfect for the rear camera as well.
Old 29-05-15, 10:56 PM   #7

I have a front LED upgrade on my 407 (dips and side lights), the dips are CREE LED from Horizon and the sidelights are 501s from Halfords.
Thinking about main beam too, but as I rarely use that, it would probably be a waste.
Old 30-05-15, 07:34 AM   #8

You'd love my new 308 as the DRLs/Sidelights and the turn repeaters and puddle lights in the wing mirrors are all LEDs. The interior lighting is LED.

The Headlights main and dipped beam are also the latest LED technology.

Rear tail lights and Stop lights are also LED.

Can't understand why they didn't also do LEDs in the ones I've changed?

I've tried the front turn indicators with 'error free' canbus LEDs in my 2008 and I got 'hyper/rapid flashing' so I know they needed a resistor. The 2008 were 24W whereas the 308 are 21W but that will probably have the same result and I'm not going to make any modifications whilst in warranty.

The ones I've changed from bulbs to LEDs in the rear indicator are fine, as are the rear number plate, boot area, reversing and front footwells.

Last edited by allan40alt; 01-06-15 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-06-15, 10:09 PM   #9

Front Turn Indicators:

I've tested one of the rear LEDs in the front and it worked fine without any warning for 'bulb out' or hyper flashing. I do feel though that a slightly more powerful LED is required in this style of LED; maybe 50W for a stronger amber light as the LED is upright and is 58mm long so it may be a very tight fit. Please note that I tested these 25W as emergency flashers with ignition off. I also tested them as emergency flashers and as turn signals with aux power on. Unfortunately I forgot to actually start the engine and try them in full operation mode but I'm sure they'll be ok.

However; these LEDs are primarily designed for horizontal fitting hence the domed tip. I need a vertical LED and I feel the style I've used in the reversing lights, but with a PY21W/BAU15S/581 cap and in Amber will be a far better choice.

I shall continue looking to see whether anyone supplies that style.

NB: Halogen headlight models are forward facing so they can take advantage of the domed tip!!

Last edited by allan40alt; 05-07-15 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-06-15, 12:59 PM   #10

I'm looking at these for the front indicators:

2x 21w 7507/BAU15S/581 BRIGHTEST SAMSUNG CHIP LED AMBER INDICATOR CANBUS BULBS | eBay

These are 3 sided with 6 chips on each plus three in the tip under the domed lens.

These may give better side illumination than the others even though the overall wattage is lower than the type I have fitted to the rear.

I've contacted the supplier and sent a photo of the lens/reflector in case he can suggest another alternative.

5b2f2a9255224134a3a60444d_thumb.jpg

Last edited by allan40alt; 06-06-15 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in