LED Headlight Features? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-18, 01:07 PM   #1

Question LED Headlight Features?

Are the LED headlights on the 2018+ GT-Line standard or do they have any the additional features?

Lots of LED systems these-days have pitch/level adjust for when at speed, or projection of additional light beam when turning or indicating etc (some have a single fog light come on, some have additional LED's come on to light a wider angle - that kinda thing)

I haven't noticed anything like this on the 308 apart from the auto-full beam function. Are they just fixed LED headlights? I don't even notice auto levelling on them which i found strange!
Graeme2812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-18, 06:40 PM   #2

My 308 has auto levelling. Easily checked, no manual adjustment on the dash. Also lights remain at the correct level no matter what loading.

There is a manual height adjustment on each headlight to tweak a little.

Last edited by Brilec; 25-03-18 at 12:36 PM.
Brilec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-03-18, 10:43 AM   #3

They are easily the best headlamps I've had on a car. I think they are just self-levelling and don't include things like built in corner lights or fog lamps like some of the fancy audi ones. But - they are so good they don't need it!

The separate LEDs for the DRL's do date the look of them though.
Burgerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-03-18, 12:39 PM   #4

Interesting that a new report has come out about people being "blinded" by the new lights around. It's from the RAC. But when you actually read it, most are complaining about drivers not dipping their lights.
I've certainly never had anyone flash me or complain. I also use the car regularly in France, again never had a problem thanks to the flat dip pattern.
Old 26-03-18, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
There is a manual height adjustment on each headlight to tweak a little.
I didn't know this. I do a lot of higher speed driving and would benefit from longer reach on motorways etc. Can this easily be done? And is it still legal for UK roads? I knew there was no level adjust inside the vehicle which made me think there was some sort of auto-levelling.

My previous car had projection LED headlights similar to the 308, but they were adaptive of sorts. Very bright to the point I'm surprised they were permitted under RVCUR tbh! People would often flash me thinking i was still on main beam when I wasn't.

I think the low speed/urban (up to 40mph) spread of the 308 lights are good. The auto main beam is good too. I feel the dipped beam could do with projecting a little farther ahead at speed above 40mph though.
Graeme2812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-03-18, 02:46 PM   #6

Well if yours is the same as mine.....

Look at the top of the headlights and towards the outer end at the back you should see a white plastic hex socket. Use an allen key to adjust the height. This will also alter the main beam settings of course.
Just park on level ground at night and make sure you can still see the top of the cut off on the road ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in