Install BlackVue Dashcam - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-18, 11:34 AM   #1

Default Install BlackVue Dashcam

Hi Guys,

Im trying to figure out how to install a dashcam (DR900S-2CH front and back) (DK Car Left hand drive).

I have seen PaulMillards posts about how he hardwired his dashcam. and that is very helpful. But i have seen some others installing dash cams where the installation looks much more "pro" and cleaner (Not that what Paul did was bad at all) and i was inspired to do it like they do it.

But my question is, is it possible to take off trim and the rubber at the doors like in the following youtube video ?
Have any of you guys done it? i am asking if it possible before i start ripping apart everything just to find out that i have screwed up again like i did with the air filter change

Thank you all in advance.
GBDK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-18, 05:15 PM   #2

I fitted a DR750s 2-CH to my 308GT. (RHD UK car)

I have to say, it was quite possibly one of the worst cars to run the camera wires through as the interior panels and headlining have very little give or movement.

BMW's and Fords I've had in the past have always had quite flexible headlining and plastic interior panelling etc and made it quite easy to tuck the wires behind them and hide them out of view.

With the 2nd 12v power socket at the top rear nearside (nearside in the UK) the included power cable was a tight fit due to length from the front of the car too.

It was easy enough to do and 95% of the wires are out of view, but it was a little tricky keeping it tidy at times!
Graeme2812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-06-18, 08:23 PM   #3

Hey Graeme2812,

How did you exactly run the cable to the 2nd back pointing camera?
Im thinking of using the same method as the guy in the video.. but since the boot on the back of the car is different im not sure of how to do it the best way. i was hoping method 1 or 2 was possible here, but im not sure
https://imgur.com/nfhgNgg

I was actually hoping for more replies with ideas for how i could run it behind some of the covers from the boot and make it come out of the button of the rear window and up the side so he cable would sit there and not be in he way when you open the boot. it is a SW i have..

At least i have bought the addafuse wires (The wires with taps/fuses on them) and some minifuses as i understand that is what the car uses.
GBDK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-06-18, 01:46 PM   #4

I have the standard 5 door hatch. If you have the SW I think you may struggle to have a tidy/concealed wiring plan with still enough left over to reach the rear of the vehicle as it was tight for me with the standard BlackVue cables.

My preference was to run the wires from the front, centre point of the screen (behind the interior mirror) via the headlining to the back of the vehicle across the top A, B, then C pillars. AV down one side, Power down the other.

I found access around the B pillar particularity difficult (Given there is an airbag module in there, I didn't want to go pulling stuff apart) so ended up running the rear AV cable along the top of the screen ,down the A pillar, and behind the floor panelling/cowlings and along the floor. I did the same with the power lead.

The wires tucked quite easily behind floor cowlings and behind door seals.

With patience and gentle plying and with some soft tools it should be easy enough to do as I've described above. It may just be worth checking that the wires supplied will fit.

EDIT: I'll try and take some photos during the daylight to give you an idea of how i ran the wires. PM me and I may be able to send you a video of the routes i took for the wires.

Last edited by Graeme2812; 24-06-18 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added missing sentence.
Graeme2812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-18, 02:39 PM   #5

Hey what a coincidence, just yesterday I installed my own DR900S-2CH and I have to say I am pretty pleased with it, I am now working on making a 12V power bank using 3.7V 18650 power cells from discarded laptop batteries in order to keep the camera on with engine off in parking mode without buying their rip-off power magic pro products.

Anyway, I installed it in my 407 and I have to tell you one thing, you know the small black prying tool that comes in the box? that thing can shove cables in the tightest spots, make sure to apply even pressure on the cable as to not damage it but I didn't have to take any panel off, I would just "gently" pry the panel and slide the cable in, I used the sticky cable organisers to guide the cable over the glass sections (used one in front and one in back), I have ran the power supply cable trought the A pillar under the dashboard (where the pedals are) then to the left in the center console then I pried it underneath the plastic of the center console & the carpet all the way to the back seats for the 12V power port there.

As for the camera it's really amazing, can't get enough of it

*Edit:

Taking the trim off is 100% possible with just a bunch of screwdrivers to pry them out and fingering action but you run the risk of breaking a plastic tab (which are mostly replaceable) but will be a pain to source, if you car is somewhat old and the plastic might have aged, I suggest taking my approach, it will take more time and it will be more painful when you catch your fingers between the panels but it's 100% not to break anything.

Last edited by Calin; 24-06-18 at 02:41 PM.
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in