Help, place where to pass electric cable - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul-R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-18, 04:51 PM   #1

Default Help, place where to pass electric cable

I need to add an electrical cable from the engine compartment to the inside of the car.
Anyone know if there is any place, any spot, any way to do so?
Thanks
Cheers
Advertisement

Old 10-04-18, 07:53 PM   #2

I did this when I wired up the blanked off space at the back of the car for a second 12v auxiliary socket.

I wanted to take a feed from the fusebox behind the glovebox but that was ridiculously inaccessible (Gawd help us if we ever have to change a fuse there) so I decided to take it straight from the battery positive post - fused of course.

I ran the cable along the inside of the plastic covers where the carpet tucks in. When you open passenger door there's a round black plastic sticker covering up a hole in the A-post. I fed the wire behind the trim panel in the footwell so that it came out of this hole and then into engine compartment via the gap between the wing and bodyshell.

Then I stuck the wire down and over the hole with some gaffer tape. This is the only bit you can see and then only when the door is open. As said earlier I attached the wire, via a fuse, onto the battery post. I waited 10 minutes before removing the battery clamp to ensure that all systems had shut down to avoid any problems.

I have since discovered that there are a couple of hidden spare sockets down on the floor between the passenger seat and the sill for wiring in the tow bar electrics so maybe this could be used. I don't know where the wire for that is fused though.

LATER EDIT

I should point out that passenger side is the LH side on my RHD car. It would be the driver's side on a LHD car of course!
daspéxiáuane likes this.

Last edited by Paul-R; 15-04-18 at 05:03 PM. Reason: RHD/LHD clarification
Paul-R is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in