Handling issues 1.6HDI Alure 2016 100BHP - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-18, 08:55 AM   #1

Default Handling issues 1.6HDI Alure 2016 100BHP

First timer on this forum, I have a 308 2016 Alure 1.6HDI 100BHP & it ticks most of the boxes for economy, reliability etc. etc. Unfortunately when cornering on uneven surfaces at any speed the rear of the car steps out as if you were about to loose control. I have brought this to the attention of my local Peugeot dealer, they got the area service manager from Peugeot to test drive the car. It took a bit of convincing to get him to agree there was an issue. He agreed to fit stiffer springs & shocks to the car at no cost to me. When I got the car back it drives like a go-cart, every bump is much more noticable & it still handles like a Morris Minor. Has anyone had similar issues as I dont think I am the only 1 with this problem reading between the lines eventhough Peugeot state the opposite. Seriously considering getting shut of the car eventhough it was supposed to be a 5 year plan to keep it initially. Comments please
PDeBurca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-07-18, 03:40 PM   #2

Rear torsion bars, its inevitable on some road surfaces i'm afraid

Mine skips out a bit on certain corners
Stubbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-07-18, 04:49 PM   #3

Arrow

Thanks for your feedback, its good to get an understanding of what is actually happening. Thats more information than I received from Peugeot. Is it possible to upgrade the torsion bars to eliminate this problem. Moreover the small steering wheel causes the driver to over compensate for this side slip and tends to exagerate the feeling of loosing control. On smooth motorway driving the car could not perform better but unfortunately all roads are not of this standard

Old 27-07-18, 04:50 PM   #4

Yeah dont get me wrong the first few times it happened were a bit alarming, but you learn to get a feel for what type of road/corner you'll get it on and prepare
Stubbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-07-18, 12:12 AM   #5

Can confirm mine is exactly the same. Fortunately there arenít too many spots that cause it on my usual routes so itís not really an issue for me but agree that it can be quite alarming the first few times you encounter it. Fairly sure Iíve had previous cars with torsion beam rear suspension and donít recall it being so noticeable on them.
Old 28-07-18, 02:22 PM   #6

I can also confirm mine is also the same...feels very weird like rear wheel steering, as said you get used to it.

French car at the end of the day!!!
davidcotton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-07-18, 11:36 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies guys, seems like I have to get used to this topsy turvey handling. It's such a strange feeling though as if you are no longer in control, the car tells you where it wants to go!! My previous motor was a 08 Golf GT Sport 105 TDI which was stuck to the road on corners. On the positive side the 308 does deliver 25% more MPG, every cloud has a silver lining I suppose
Old 29-07-18, 09:30 PM   #8

Bit late to this - but yes, mine does this too. Was surprised as my previous model 308SW stuck to the road so well.

I've had this on a couple of other cars though - think the last one was a diesel Kia C'eed SW. As they say, you get used to it.
lybad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in