firmware, map update - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Lee
  • 1 Post By Paul-R
  • 1 Post By Mr Lee
  • 1 Post By Paul-R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-19, 01:15 PM   #1

Lightbulb firmware, map update

Hello, have recently got a 2014 308, and was interested in how the map updates work,
having found the very useful tip on holding down the setup icon, mine seems to show some date of 2013 and SMEG5.0.D.R2 and a cd number (what is this ?), its been serviced by a peug dealer regularly, wouldnt they update the firmware as part of the service? the maps end in Gr_402 btw.

Its maps are def out of date. And another thing what is smeg ? i thought is was something from an old bond film but maybe they manufacture fridges too?

Anyway excuse the ignorance im a newcomer 😁 questions questions...
turnip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-19, 02:28 PM   #2

SMEG is the audio / navigation unit fitted to the car.

You can upload the latest SMEG firmware to the unit, be warned as for the maps the unit doesn't have enough
Memory to install the complete up to date latest Europe maps.
turnip likes this.
Old 11-08-19, 02:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
..., be warned as for the maps the unit doesn't have enough Memory to install the complete up to date latest Europe maps.
...but there is a way round this problem if you don't mind taking the SMEG unit out of the car and are reasonably handy with computers.
turnip likes this.

Old 11-08-19, 05:30 PM   #4

Lightbulb memory upgrade

many thanks, ah okay so it doesnt have anything to do with the main ecu/ engine or other electronic modules in the car, at least if it all goes horribly wrong ive just got to worry about no fan controls on the a/c

I only need uk maps, so would i be able to install just that without a memory upgrade, not that i mind pulling things to pieces you always learn something .. what sort of memory is used on the smeg and is it shared with the nav/music system? mine occasionally seems to get stuck reading the usb stick with a load of .mp3 files on it (around 1500 .. am i asking too much of smeg), but changing source seems to get it back to working ok.
Old 11-08-19, 06:35 PM   #5

The latest UK maps will easily fit in the original memory on the SMEG system.

I'd update the SMEG firmware first.
turnip likes this.
Old 11-08-19, 06:41 PM   #6

Cool features

Does anything noticeable change with the smeg firmware update?, and what kind of bugs did it fix?, are there options or features that you (or a dealer) need to re enable afterward or does it all just work like magic ? just thought ild ask before having a go..
Old 11-08-19, 07:45 PM   #7

I have the same reservations as you mate with regard to updating the firmware. The map update didnít run as smoothly as it should due to the memory issue mentioned below, and I certainly donít need a bricked unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
be warned as for the maps the unit doesn't have enough
Memory to install the complete up to date latest Europe maps.
I ended up deleting all maps one by one and installing nearly the whole lot back on again apart from one of the Euro regions
Mart.C is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-19, 07:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post
I only need uk maps, so would i be able to install just that without a memory upgrade, not that i mind pulling things to pieces you always learn something .. what sort of memory is used on the smeg and is it shared with the nav/music system? mine occasionally seems to get stuck reading the usb stick with a load of .mp3 files on it (around 1500 .. am i asking too much of smeg), but changing source seems to get it back to working ok.
Standard memory is a 16GB micro SD card with 6.9GB allocated to the Jukebox and 6.9GB allocated to maps.

If you fancy tinkering:

You could start reading from https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums.../index157.html from post 1562.

Or you can jump to where I detailed what I did https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums.../index164.html starting at post 1640.
turnip likes this.
Old 13-08-19, 03:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post
Does anything noticeable change with the smeg firmware update?, and what kind of bugs did it fix?, are there options or features that you (or a dealer) need to re enable afterward or does it all just work like magic ? just thought ild ask before having a go..
Hi updated my maps and software to latest

[ATTACH] [/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
67740909_10219889225487470_6599680093159686144_n-latest.jpg  
DonaldF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in