Faulty folding wing mirrors? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andro2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-18, 04:40 PM   #1

Default Faulty folding wing mirrors?

Last week, about a mile into my morning commute i noticed both wing mirrors were folded in. I pulled over, got out, tried locking and unlocking car but the mirrors wouldnt move. I gently folded them out so i could safely continue my journey and thought i would just have to put up with them not auto folding (and wobbling slightly when driving at speed!) until i could afford them.

Emailed the garage about it on the off-chance I was still within my 3 year warranty (i bought the car second hand this time last year) and I am. Bonus! Took the car in on the Saturday and they confirmed the wing mirrors need replacing and that i'm covered under warranty as it's when the fault is logged not when the work is carried out.

Fast forward to yesterday and the mirrors suddenly close when locking the car and open again when unlocking! It's a minor inconvenience to take the car in for work that might not need doing but it would be foolish if i cancelled the job and then they fail a month down the line, out of warranty.

What would you do??
oligopoly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-18, 05:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oligopoly View Post
Last week, about a mile into my morning commute i noticed both wing mirrors were folded in. I pulled over, got out, tried locking and unlocking car but the mirrors wouldnt move. I gently folded them out so i could safely continue my journey and thought i would just have to put up with them not auto folding (and wobbling slightly when driving at speed!) until i could afford them.

Emailed the garage about it on the off-chance I was still within my 3 year warranty (i bought the car second hand this time last year) and I am. Bonus! Took the car in on the Saturday and they confirmed the wing mirrors need replacing and that i'm covered under warranty as it's when the fault is logged not when the work is carried out.

Fast forward to yesterday and the mirrors suddenly close when locking the car and open again when unlocking! It's a minor inconvenience to take the car in for work that might not need doing but it would be foolish if i cancelled the job and then they fail a month down the line, out of warranty.

What would you do??
It's a known fact that sometimes mirrors stop folding automatically. Still I didn't find on forums main reason except low temperature. See with a garage if you don't want to change it now, is it possible to postpone it for time when you will lose your warranty (because you report it under warranty) or change it so you can sleep better (that will I do )
oligopoly likes this.
Old 21-03-18, 12:08 PM   #3

The cold weather would certainly make sense... Juste spoken with dealer and it's booked in for the mirrors to be replaced under warranty. I pointed out that they now seem to be fine but he advised I get them done now for free as obviously it would be chargeable should they fail again in the future...
oligopoly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in