Electrical Service System Fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-19, 09:12 AM   #1

Default Electrical Service System Fault

We were driving over to Peterborough yesterday when suddenly the centre main screen displayed the 4 tyres layout and warned that I need to check tyre pressures and then do reinitialisation of the under-inflation system.

The 'SERVICE' warning also came on, although it's only 1200 miles since it was serviced.

The car was fine driving-wise and, as we were about half way into our journey, I carried on and performed the 'reinitialisation' (that's a good word) when we got there.

When I restarted the car I had this message flash up:

The 'Deflated Tyre' warning went off but the 'SERVICE' warning has remained on....and I get the main electrical fault warning every time I switch on the ignition.

A quick trip to the dealer's service department today and they told me I need a diagnostic check (120!!) and the 'SERVICE' warning was because I was 5 days over the 12 months since my last service. The fact I'd only done 1200 miles is immaterial. Needs a 4 year main service 350!!!! I've just covered 6050 miles in total for the 4 years....that's little more than 1500 miles per year.

These new cars may have all the gadgets and gizmos but they certainly drain the wallet department.....

Al.

Last edited by allan40alt; 24-04-19 at 12:28 PM.
allan40alt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-19, 11:12 AM   #2

You can reset the service spanner warning easily enough yourself, the info is in the owners handbook. It works by mileage or time whichever comes first.

As for the orange SERVICE warning, that also comes on when a fault is detected & basically means you or a Peugeot garage need to look at / repair a fault.

Is there any more info of what's wrong / detected if you carry out the on board diagnostic check via the touch screen?

If the car is out of warranty, you could move away from the Peugeot main dealer network for servicing, even with your small annual mileage id still change the engine oil & filter every year.
allan40alt likes this.
Old 23-04-19, 11:48 AM   #3

Thank you for that extra info...I'll let them do the diagnostic on Thursday morning and attend to any remedial work then see about resetting the service indicator or maybe just have a minor service done.

Al.

Old 23-04-19, 11:58 AM   #4

FWIW I've had the SERVICE warning pop up for a blown foglamp bulb - It also popped up the message CHECK FRONT FOGLIGHTS on the display.

Also got the warning to check the front fog lamps on the Peugeot app when my car synced to my phone.

You can run a diagnostic check on the car via the touchscreen, whether it will give you anymore fault info then you already have I don't know.
Old 23-04-19, 01:57 PM   #5

What do they mean by a "full" 4 year service?
I had a level 2 (full) service done last June at local R&D branch for 260.

But iterestingly the service spanner came up towards the end of March saying service due in a few hundred miles. The previous service had been done on 4th April, so it seems the service indicator hadn't been changed. Only 9k miles too.

But the service guy at R&D did say they charged less for a service after the 3 year warranty period was up as they then had to compete with independents. Clearly your dealer doesn't see it that way.

I suppose I am fortunate in that I have Diagbox, so can check faults with that.
Any decent EOBD reader will tell you about engine/emission faults.

To reset the service indicator just hold the trip button down by the speedo and turn on the ignition. You will see it count down from 10. When it gets to zero release the button and turn off the ignition. Service reset.
allan40alt likes this.

Last edited by Brilec; 23-04-19 at 02:01 PM.
Brilec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-19, 02:34 PM   #6

The MOT report last week came up perfect in all respects.

The dealer service guy said that the 4 year service includes pollen filter all fluids change etc. etc.

I've just cleared the 'SERVICE' warning and it's set to zero and when I started the engine there was no warning message either!

I'm just going out for a short ride to see if anything pops up.....if not then I think I'll be cancelling Thursdays visit to the dealer...
Old 23-04-19, 03:52 PM   #7

Well I've been out for a 6.5 miles ride around...stopped and switched off a few times...restarted with no warning signs at all.

Called into the dealers to cancel the diagnostic check.

I'll check the tyre pressures later when they get cold and reinitialise the sensors.

Many thanks to Mr Lee and Brilec for reminding me about cancelling the service spanner. ...it must be an age thing with me... I knew that was how it could be done... honest
Old 23-04-19, 07:09 PM   #8

FYI The 308 uses the ABS sensors & the rotation of the wheels for the tyre pressure monitoring system.
Old 25-04-19, 08:30 AM   #9

Well, I checked all the tyre pressures yesterday and they were all 0.3 - 0.4 BAR under inflated?

After bringing up to the correct pressures and resetting the under-inflation sensors as well as the 'Service' indicator re-set I'm pleased to say everything now seems fine.

I re-checked the pressures again this morning and they're all exactly where I set them yesterday.

The 'Service' and 'Electrical circuit system...' warnings have not re-appeared.

I went out yesterday for a 6-mile test run around Town and did the same again today. Did some stopping the engine and re-starting and there was no warning messages at all.

I reckon if there had been a fault then the 'Electrical circuit..' warning would have flashed up again each time I started the engine.

Al.
Old 25-04-19, 01:22 PM   #10

Just one of those annoying "characteristics".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in