EAT6 gearbox stick movement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-19, 12:56 PM   #1

Default EAT6 gearbox stick movement

I am new to Peugeot having only collected my 17 plate Peugeot 308 'Allure' trim EAT6 automatic and 22500 miles on 27th May. I have driven VW/Audi/Skoda DSG automatics and the gear lever movement in those has always been easy. I am finding that moving the EAT6 lever from P (Park), through R and N into D is easy but going the other way from D into N needs a fairly hard push. Is this a design feature to stop the lever from being knocked out of D whilst driving or is it a fault? Anyone know?

Also does anyone know if the push button on the end of the indicator stalk does anything? The handbook tells me nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wiganken; 31-05-19 at 12:58 PM.
Wiganken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-05-19, 03:01 PM   #2

The button on the end of the indicator stalk wont do anything on the 308.

It used to activate the auto headlamp function on older PSA products but that function got moved to the twist selector on the stalk.
Old 31-05-19, 03:57 PM   #3

Pressing the button on the wiper stalk on the Smeg+ system cycles the between the two trip mileages, with their respective average speeds and average MPGs, and the instantaneous MPG figure with an estimate of how far the car can travel on the fuel left in the tank. As Mr Lee says, the LH stalk doesn't do anything.

If it's the TomTom system (2017 was the changeover year) this might be different.

Old 01-06-19, 06:30 AM   #4

Are there any forum members with the EAT6 gearbox who can respond to the first part of this thread please? I refer to the difficulty pushing the lever from D to N when stopped. Is it normal (a design feature to prevent the lever being knocked out of D accidentaly whilst driving) or a fault?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-06-19, 12:52 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiganken View Post
Are there any forum members with the EAT6 gearbox who can respond to the first part of this thread please? I refer to the difficulty pushing the lever from D to N when stopped. Is it normal (a design feature to prevent the lever being knocked out of D accidentaly whilst driving) or a fault?

Thanks
Hi I have a 308 sw GT 180 BHP 2016 my lever is not very easy to move think it could be what you said something to do with not being able to knock it but saying that the overall performance of the car is GREAT
DonaldF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-19, 02:43 PM   #6

Thank you. An update from me: - I notice the stick being hard to move from D to N is usually after driving a mile or so. If I stop after only 400 yards of setting off from cold then the stick moves easier from D to N. Maybe it is heat generation related. I don't know. After moving into N then the subsequent shifts into R then P are smooth. I will experiment to see how distance affects the lever stiffness and let you know how I get on. It is good to know that I am not the only one.
Old 01-06-19, 03:06 PM   #7

I don't have any issues with my gear selector (66 plate EAT6) - find it smooth and easy to move both up and down the selection, easiest thing to do if you are concerned is go to the dealer, ask to try another car if it helps to see if it feels any different, after all, this is what the warranty is there for, make use of it
Old 01-06-19, 06:02 PM   #8

I am taking it into Robins & Day on Tuesday morning so I'll report back after that.
Old 01-06-19, 06:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiganken View Post

Thanks
Mine is quite a firm movement but in what I consider to be a solid, well engineered sort of way. Never considered that it felt like there was an issue. As previously suggested, best bet is to compare with another.
Old 07-06-19, 06:53 AM   #10

I think I have sorted moving the gear stick issue: - It turned out that the issue with pushing the gear stick out of D was down to my incorrect technique. I was pushing directly forwards from D whereas what is required is a slight emphasis on keeping the gear stick to the right as one pushes forward. Why it seemed different when cold compared with warm/hot before I can't say. Maybe the mechanism was more forgiving to a slightly incorrect push when cold and heat expansion made it less forgiving? I drove 22 miles yesterday with no problem. Phew! I was imagining all sorts of EAT6 problems in the making.

Thanks for your input everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in