Peugeot Forums banner

Dipped beams always on even on Auto lights

8K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  RoosterCL 
#1 ·
Hi,

So first time posting and I've been lurking on this forum to retrieve as many information to get comfy with my car, and the only thing I get annoyed is why the dipped beams are on all the time when the light mode is set to AUTO.

Any Ideas?

#7 ·
I forgot about regulations, BUT the thing is where I live (Chile) we have similar regulations to the EU requirements, hence I thought of other cars such as Mercedez or BMW which almost all of them have day time running lights and most of them have their dipped headlamps off on a sunny day.

EDIT: 308 T9 2019

#8 ·
Well 2019 built 308 T9 the tail lights will be on all the time with the engine running.

Have you checked the owners manual?

Unfortunately the latest owners manual on the Peugeot website is for 2017 cars.

If all else fails its still under manufacturer warranty, consult your Peugeot main dealer ref the dipped beams being on.

#9 ·
It looks like the latest one I see from this website is identical to the one I have.

Also I did went to my Peugeot dealer a while back and they told me "cuz EU regulations", so I trusted them. Then I noticed the dipped headlamps from other EU countries have them off which really confused me.

I'll go back to the peugeot dealer and ask them if they really know what they're saying.

Thanks to everyone! I'll try to give updates about this.

#11 ·
The light sensor is located on the windscreen in the black area at the top of the screen where the rear view mirror mounts.

It's a 2019 car so still under manufacturer warranty so its Peugeots problem if faulty.

FWIW: My old 206 with auto headlamps had to have the rain / light sensor replaced under warranty as the headlamps kept coming on during the sunny daytime.

#12 ·
Thanks Mr Lee!
I thought that this is the light sensor, but I was dead confused because why is there an all-black abs cap; and you can rotate it and move it freely and I thought maybe it is a cap that you need to remove, such the sensor could be exposed to work properly.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.