Diagbox - I'm Confused! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-19, 03:47 PM   #1

Default Diagbox - I'm Confused!

I know there are many threads on this subject, but there is so much information, sometimes contradicting, that I have no idea what is what anymore!

Firstly, the car I am currently working on, and will be likely to do a lot of work on in the future is a 308 T9 2015, but I would like something that will do most of, if not the whole range of Peugeot an Citroen. Am I expecting too much?

I am looking at this on ebay - will this do what I want?

Most ebay listings mention version V7.83 - how recent is that, and will it work with the 308? I have seen many other versions that appear to be more recent like V8.55 but they appear to be updates only. I have also seen V9.12, V9.23 and V9.54 but they are very expensive and only come with laptops included, and additionally they have to be online with paid access to Peugeot.

The laptop I would like to use is Toughbook CF30 with Windows Vista 32-bit, which I use for garage diagnostics, but I have seen it mentioned that Diagbox has to have a dedicated laptop, and V7.83 says it has to be XP, but V8.55 will work on newer versions of Windows - is this true?
alexb1406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-19, 03:54 PM   #2

Short answer is don't waste your money and dont buy diagbox. The reason is that you cant do nothing on diagbox with new peugeot cars. Well yeah, you can check and erase faults, but that's it... Really, doesn't worth it in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-19, 04:10 PM   #3

Well that's put a cat among the pigeons! I thought that is what was recommended here.

So are the claims that V8.55 works on 2018 cars a load of b********?

Any recommendations what to use?

Old 07-10-19, 05:15 PM   #4

Diagbox is not bad, actually i like the new versions more than PP2000, but everything needs to be done online on new cars and that's not cheap i am using version 7.83 with cable full chip rev C... yeah, ive paid for the cable about 120 to find out that it doesn't work on new cars, well it does but as ive mentioned earlier, online only, so it has to be connected to PSA servers .. but on oldish cars it works perfectly fine ... problems is, that basically every cable selling on ebay, etc, etc is clone and there is more versions on the market ... i am using mine just to check faults on my 308, erase them and that's it, because i cant do nothing else and occasionally i am doing diagnostic for guys on forums with oldish cars ... BTW i was thinking about Delphi, but not sure about it, PSA has some specific codes that Delphi does not recognise, etc, etc..
Old 07-10-19, 09:06 PM   #5

Diagbox can be used with 308 T9, but not everything on 7.83, telecoding in BSI is not possible, but you can still use diagnostic.

Also, you can install older version, 7.59 for example, and even telecoding will work, but some options might be missing since it's older version.

And of course, don't overpaid it like AndyWest here, just go to the AliExpress and buy yourself full chip version, I paid it about $60.

Also, if you ever need latest official Diagbox, you can buy tokens on servicebox and do everything like the dealer. It costs around 50 dollars I think.

And ditch the Vista, install Windows 7 32-bit.

And remember, no other diagnostic will ever be as good as Diagbox, since that is official Peugeot diagnostic.
mara- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-19, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara- View Post
Diagbox can be used with 308 T9, but not everything on 7.83, telecoding in BSI is not possible, but you can still use diagnostic.

Also, you can install older version, 7.59 for example, and even telecoding will work, but some options might be missing since it's older version.

And of course, don't overpaid it like AndyWest here, just go to the AliExpress and buy yourself full chip version, I paid it about $60.

Also, if you ever need latest official Diagbox, you can buy tokens on servicebox and do everything like the dealer. It costs around 50 dollars I think.

And remember, no other diagnostic will ever be as good as Diagbox, since that is official Peugeot diagnostic.
Well the reason why I've paid 120 was that i bought it from uk dealer with reputation and it is propper rev c full chip version. Yes, you can buy something from aliexpress but you dont really know what you are buying, did you check yours what's inside? Few friends bought it from aliexpress, they had to wait weeks to be delivered and the " full chip" was only on picture heard stories that few people fried their ecu... But their cars and money... Or if i spend few thousand on my car, why do i have to save money on good cable? Same for service, cant understand people saving money on servicing their cars..

Old 07-10-19, 09:36 PM   #7

Yes, I checked what's inside and it's full chip. There are reviews on AliExpress and people often post pictures. Let's be real, where do you think that "reputable" uk seller got his supply?
Mr Lee and rosinsky like this.
mara- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-19, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Yes, I checked what's inside and it's full chip. There are reviews on AliExpress and people often post pictures. Let's be real, where do you think that "reputable" uk seller got his supply?
If course China, like everyone else but bought it i don't know nearly year ago, local company, warranty, help guide, etc, etc...

Old 07-10-19, 10:18 PM   #9

Well without Diagbox I would have had a few expensive bills.
Went pver a small pothole on my T9 and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. ABS,ESP, handbrake etc all needed "repair"
With my 7.76 version I was able to find and clear all the faults. Never happened since either.
For general maintenance it's well worth it. If you want to delve into the very innards and modify everything in sight, then maybe not.
mooi1uk likes this.
Old 07-10-19, 11:19 PM   #10

Quote:
I tried Windows 7 when I first got it and it didn't work properly, had a word with Panasonic technical about it and they said to go back to Vista. Everything works now, so I guess I'm stuck with it!

Quote:
Is telecoding programming a virgin ECU? And is it only the BSI that will not work? I guess I can live with that and worry about it if I ever need to program one, as long as it can do all the diagnostic and communicate with all the systems such as BSI, SRS, ABS, EPB etc that my present tool will not do.

Quote:
Agreed, I was surprised at AndyWest's suggestion not to bother with it.

I have seen AliExpress interface but also read some reports that it takes ages to be delivered. Can you have a look at the listing here on ebay that I mentioned in the first post and tell me what you think - this seems to have software and interface together, but the question is whether it will work on Vista as most listings say it has to be XP. I guess I could install VMware but to be honest I found it a pain to work with.

The final question is whether Diagbox has to have a dedicated laptop with nothing else installed on it as many have recommended, or can it work alongside other programs like picoscope for example. If it doesn't then I will have to bite the bullet and buy another laptop with whatever operating system is required, but preferably Windows 7 or 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in