Dealership Parts - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-18, 09:19 AM   #1

Default Dealership Parts

I got a 2014 308 1.6hdi. It's had new discs and pads on the rear from the dealership around 5k miles ago and they have bearly been scratched. My question is what discs and pads do Peugeot use? And can I get them cheaper? As i need to do the fronts soon. Many thanks in advance.
FastPuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-18, 11:38 AM   #2

I have found the cheapest way to get genuine Peugeot pads is to search EBay with the Peugeot part number, and to ensure the photo shows that number. You will also get hits on "equivalents", but I disregard those.

Btw, the reason the rears don't wear so much is that most of the braking is done by the fronts, by design.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-18, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
I have found the cheapest way to get genuine Peugeot pads is to search EBay with the Peugeot part number, and to ensure the photo shows that number. You will also get hits on "equivalents", but I disregard those.

Btw, the reason the rears don't wear so much is that most of the braking is done by the fronts, by design.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I will have a look on eBay. So there isn't a specific brand of disc and pads they use?

Old 07-06-18, 11:56 AM   #4

My first 407 had the discs and pads replaced by the Peugeot dealer before I picked it up. It had TRW pads in it, so I'm assuming also TRW discs.
Whether or not this is what they would usually fit I'm unsure, but I vaguely recall seeing TRW stamps on the calipers on either that or my second 407.

If I'm doing it myself (which I have done on my RCZ) I buy Mintex.
Old 07-06-18, 12:39 PM   #5

If i wasn't using genuine parts i would go Brembo or Ferodo for braking friction components.
Old 07-06-18, 12:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
If i wasn't using genuine parts i would go Brembo or Ferodo for braking friction components.
I want to use genuine parts but can't find them. Where do you buy them from it you do t mind me asking? Thanks
Old 07-06-18, 02:37 PM   #7

Genuine parts are parts from producers like Brembo, ATE, Bosch, Bendix, Textar .... packed in Peugeot (or any other) branded package.
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-18, 04:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisha View Post
Genuine parts are parts from producers like Brembo, ATE, Bosch, Bendix, Textar .... packed in Peugeot (or any other) branded package.
Correct, and when Peugeot pack those parts in THEIR boxes they add 25% + ? to the price. Find out who makes the particular part and buy it from a wholesaler.
Beware though! plenty of counterfeit stuff online.

The safest way is someone like GSF car parts who can supply O/E parts over the counter.
ShereKhan likes this.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-18, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Pug View Post
Quote:
Correct, and when Peugeot pack those parts in THEIR boxes they add 25% + ? to the price. Find out who makes the particular part and buy it from a wholesaler.
Beware though! plenty of counterfeit stuff online.

The safest way is someone like GSF car parts who can supply O/E parts over the counter.

Thank you very much for the info.
Old 07-06-18, 09:29 PM   #10

Peugeot have no interest in making these parts. As OEM's will make them for them much cheaper and they can switch suppliers easily. Usually multiple OEMs are used in case one goes bust or design changes are needed. The PSA bag is a mark up. Searching ebay for part number is not the best way as there will be sellers who use the part number for something that is not OEM. Clickbait..

GSF/Eurocar parts is best. PSA will not tell you who the OEM is. Valeo is often used by PSA group cars..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in