Dealer concerns - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jules_525

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-18, 07:47 PM   #1

Default Dealer concerns

I took my 308 for its service a short while ago at a main dealer .I was informed that after 45k the discs and pads needed replacing and a CV boot had failed .Pads were 90% used ,discs had 4mm lip . I was quoted over £400 to do all the work . As the car is coming up to 3 yrs old and due its first MOT ,I was very concerned about a boot failing so early .,so I took it to a local garage to investigate. The tech measured the discs and pads and said the pads were 50% worn and the discs had a 1,4mm lip and there was no cause for concern .After much prodding around he couldnt find anything wrong with the boot or any of the bushes. I have had the car serviced by the same dealer since new and on every occasion they have sent me a comical video of the tech pointing out all the work done on the car. So on the last service they didnt send me a video but suddenly all this work needed doing. Maybe the dealer isn't aware when they sold me the car they also gave me a" MOT guaranteed pass certificate" which cover all the costs of quoted repairs if needed at time of the MOT.My question is are they trying to pull the wool over my eyes or knowingly trying to get some work out of the MOT guarantee from Peugeot?.As its covered by the MOT warranty I will get the work done then ,lets see if the story of the failed parts change ,if they say they are fine ,I will present them with the paperwork they quoted me with and make sure they do it
. Secondly they phoned me up just after Christmas and asked if I wanted to book the car in for its MOT .I told them that I thought it wasnt due yet ,the woman on the phone said it was due in February. I couldnt find the V5 at the time to clarify so asked if I could speak to the service dept .They told me the car was due for its MOT in June ????? .I checked on the Peugeot website and it said May ,Finally I found the V5 and its due in April.....thank god for the DVLA
Jules_525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-02-18, 07:59 PM   #2

Where about are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danstewartca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-02-18, 08:03 PM   #3

Kent ,the dealer is in Canterbury
danstewartca likes this.

Old 24-02-18, 08:08 PM   #4

Had a similar issue but Iím up north & sounded pretty much like the dealer I used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danstewartca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-02-18, 08:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_525 View Post
I took my 308 for its service a short while ago at a main dealer .I was informed that after 45k the discs and pads needed replacing and a CV boot had failed .Pads were 90% used ,discs had 4mm lip . I was quoted over £400 to do all the work . As the car is coming up to 3 yrs old and due its first MOT ,I was very concerned about a boot failing so early .,so I took it to a local garage to investigate. The tech measured the discs and pads and said the pads were 50% worn and the discs had a 1,4mm lip and there was no cause for concern .After much prodding around he couldnt find anything wrong with the boot or any of the bushes. I have had the car serviced by the same dealer since new and on every occasion they have sent me a comical video of the tech pointing out all the work done on the car. So on the last service they didnt send me a video but suddenly all this work needed doing. Maybe the dealer isn't aware when they sold me the car they also gave me a" MOT guaranteed pass certificate" which cover all the costs of quoted repairs if needed at time of the MOT.My question is are they trying to pull the wool over my eyes or knowingly trying to get some work out of the MOT guarantee from Peugeot?.As its covered by the MOT warranty I will get the work done then ,lets see if the story of the failed parts change ,if they say they are fine ,I will present them with the paperwork they quoted me with and make sure they do it
. Secondly they phoned me up just after Christmas and asked if I wanted to book the car in for its MOT .I told them that I thought it wasnt due yet ,the woman on the phone said it was due in February. I couldnt find the V5 at the time to clarify so asked if I could speak to the service dept .They told me the car was due for its MOT in June ????? .I checked on the Peugeot website and it said May ,Finally I found the V5 and its due in April.....thank god for the DVLA
I don't think your discs and pads will be covered on the MOT guarantee they are consumable items.
Reefer Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-02-18, 09:08 AM   #6

All consumables covered except tyres . The guarantee covers all necessary servicing to allow the vehicle to pass an MOT . Max limit £750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in