Blutooth Question (iPhone) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-18, 08:11 AM   #1

Default Blutooth Question (iPhone)

Me and my wife both have iPhones and both have our phones linked up to the cars blutooth. Question is, is there a way we can prioritise which phone it connects to when we are both in the car or is it just random.
Thank you in advance(Peugeot 308 GT)
Nando010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-18, 08:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando010 View Post
Question is, is there a way we can prioritise which phone it connects to when we are both in the car
Why would you need to? Whichever phone rings will be picked up by Bluetooth and in the event they both ring at the same time...........unlikely. IMO the only thing you can do is disconnect one phone from Bluetooth....it doesn't delete it. Someone else may know better though.
508GT180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-18, 08:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508GT180 View Post
Why would you need to? Whichever phone rings will be picked up by Bluetooth and in the event they both ring at the same time...........unlikely. IMO the only thing you can do is disconnect one phone from Bluetooth....it doesn't delete it. Someone else may know better though.
Ok thanks for that. I always thought it would only connect to one phone at a time never knew both were connected at the same time as when we are both in the car my wifes will ring but mine doesn't. When im on my own it rings just fine.

Old 09-07-18, 09:33 AM   #4

Mine and my girlfriends iPhone's are both linked up to my 308's Bluetooth and if both are in the car at the same time it seems to prioritise with whichever one was last connected.

Both do not stay 'connected' at the same time, for music or calls. However if I were to disconnect or turn my phone off, my girlfriends would automatically connect instead.
gtasean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-18, 09:33 AM   #5

Interesting info, was wondering about that myself but never came around to research it.

So, when there are 2 phones connected, whichever rings gets connected to car's system for handsfree speaking. But what about phonebook? Which phone's records are displayed when somebody starts to navigate calls in car?
Old 09-07-18, 10:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508GT180 View Post
Why would you need to? Whichever phone rings will be picked up by Bluetooth and in the event they both ring at the same time...........unlikely.
I think it is not correct. Just one phone can be connected to the car, the first one detected. Your car act as you describe?
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-18, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtasean View Post
Mine and my girlfriends iPhone's are both linked up to my 308's Bluetooth and if both are in the car at the same time it seems to prioritise with whichever one was last connected.

Both do not stay 'connected' at the same time, for music or calls. However if I were to disconnect or turn my phone off, my girlfriends would automatically connect instead.
Thank you, I think that is what is happening with mine.
Old 09-07-18, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisha View Post
I think it is not correct. Just one phone can be connected to the car, the first one detected. Your car act as you describe?
Thank you
Old 09-07-18, 08:07 PM   #9

As I said......somebody might know better
508GT180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-18, 09:30 PM   #10

I have two phones and both paired to car. The car usually pairs what was last paired. Assuming you set the phone to autoconnect. I was thinking about this the other week as I want my iPad to play Spotify and my phone to do phone calls only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in