Alarm sounding after battery disconnected - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-19, 10:39 AM   #1

Default Alarm sounding after battery disconnected

Good morning forum!

Peugeot 308 1.6 bluehdi gt line 2015

Yesterday I disconnected and reconnected my battery to resolve the no speaker sound issue. The reset has solved the no sound issue but now whenever I lock the car with the key fob the alarm sounds!

I probably didn't wait long enough for the car to 'shut down' before disconnecting the battery. I also left the battery disconnected for about 4 hours before reconnecting. On reconnecting the battery, I simply popped the terminal back on, closed the bonnet and started the car, no warnings and faults showing.

I have searched the forum and tried a Bsi reset as suggested in another thread, this hasn't worked. I have also checked the switch on the bonnet to make sure everything is still connected etc. Everything looks fine.

Is there anything else I could try before being forced to take it to the dealer to reset it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Daniel
danielbulmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-08-19, 12:16 PM   #2

You say the alarm sounds?

Do you mean the alarm siren sounds OR a single loud chirp when you lock the car?
Old 18-08-19, 12:23 PM   #3

Yeh the alarm siren just sounds constant and hazard lights flashing. The book mentions a self protection or something?

Old 18-08-19, 12:31 PM   #4

The alarm system has anti tamper & the siren has built in battery back up protection.

Double check the car battery voltage & terminal connections, maybe reboot the BSI correctly & if that doesn't cure it I would suggest checking the fuses.
danielbulmer likes this.
Old 18-08-19, 12:47 PM   #5

I'll have a check of the battery and fuses again tomorrow when I'm at back at work. I have a feeling it'll need a plug in at dealer to reset it!

Is there a definitive way of doing the Bsi procedure? I just followed what I'd found in a search. Basically I lifted bonnet and put drivers window down. Waited 3 mins, disconnected battery, waited 15 seconds and reconnected. Turned on side lights thru window and started the car. No warning lamps on etc. Then turned off engine and put ignition back on. Held lock button on key for 10 seconds with key in ignition and still on. Then took key out and closed all doors windows and bonnet. Still on locking the alarm siren sounds immediately. It stops as soon as you press open again. It will lock fine with the key.
Old 18-08-19, 01:01 PM   #6

Locking the car with the key via a door lock barrel doesn't arm the alarm system - hence why it doesn't sound.
danielbulmer likes this.
Old 20-08-19, 11:40 AM   #7

I had this on mine after Halfords changed the battery.

Ended up having to go to the dealers to get it reset $$$
danielbulmer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-08-19, 11:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jips View Post
I had this on mine after Halfords changed the battery.

Ended up having to go to the dealers to get it reset $$$
I've tried loads of stuff but no success yet. It's almost as if the bonnet switch has swapped over! It will lock no problem with the bonnet up but as soon as its closed or you even close it while it's locked, alarm goes off! I'm not giving up just yet! 😂
Old 20-08-19, 11:50 AM   #9

On my old 307 if you turn on ign open bonnet etc and then turn ign off and don't lock the doors wait the three mins the alarm did not go off if you disconnect the battery. It did go off if you do not switch on ign after unlocking the car.

It was a good while ago so I could be mistaken

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
danielbulmer likes this.
Old 30-08-19, 05:59 PM   #10

Update on this.

Ended up going into main dealer and having a Bsi download. They had it 3 full days and obviously had a bit of bother sorting it!

Be aware when disconnecting your battery etc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in