Alarm Going Off - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-18, 05:43 PM   #1

Default Alarm Going Off

I have a 308 Active (2014 reg) and twice now in the past month or so my alarm has randomly gone off.

I believe my car has the type of alarm system which only detects inside movements (and unless theres a ghost in there, there's nobody), so I cannot figure out what has caused it to do that.

Of course, all of my windows and doors are fully closed, with the only thing that could maybe move about being a hanging air freshener I have on the mirror, I find it hard to believe this has caused it as I have never seen it moving around, apart from when driving.

It did it the first time over a month ago but just did it again moments ago.
I've gone out to check and nothing seems to be 'wrong' so can't work it out?

Is it some sort of minor glitch with the alarm that just happens now and again, or could it be leading to a bigger problem where it's going to start doing it more often?
gtasean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-18, 06:17 PM   #2

To confirm it's the interior movement sensor lock the car without it. Simplest way, if you have a proper key system, is to lock the car the old fashioned way with the key in the lock.

You can also do it by pressing a certain button but I don't have the handbook to hand to confirm which one!

If it's the keyless system I have no idea of the method. It may not even be possible.
Old 15-08-18, 08:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
To confirm it's the interior movement sensor lock the car without it. Simplest way, if you have a proper key system, is to lock the car the old fashioned way with the key in the lock.

You can also do it by pressing a certain button but I don't have the handbook to hand to confirm which one!

If it's the keyless system I have no idea of the method. It may not even be possible.
I do have a proper key with mine, however the problem is with how rare this seems to occur at the moment I feel like testing the sensors by locking it manually every time will be a bit of a pain and it may not even happen in the next few months again.

I believe there is a button down under the steering wheel that may disable the alarm sensors, which you mentioned, so I could try doing it that way

I did a quick search here regarding alarm problems and couldn't find that much so it obviously isn't too much of a common issue with the 308's, I just hope my alarm isn't faulty in any way.

It sounds stupid but do you think a tree shadow or anything like that could cause the sensors to trigger? I'm often parked under a rather big tree which does move a fair bit if it's breezy.
It sounds daft but it's the only logic I can come up with

Old 15-08-18, 08:50 PM   #4

Exterior tree movement wouldn't cause a problem any way that I can think of. Maybe remove the dangly air freshener and stick it over one of the air vents just in case?
Old 15-08-18, 09:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-R View Post
Exterior tree movement wouldn't cause a problem any way that I can think of. Maybe remove the dangly air freshener and stick it over one of the air vents just in case?
I'll try that then and see if it still happens Thanks.
Old 16-08-18, 01:21 PM   #6

Mine has gone off a couple of times but on both occasions it's been where the hatch hadn't latched fully but I can only assume it had appeared to lock ok. In both cases the alarm went off within about 5 minutes of leaving it so doesn't sound like it's likely to be the cause of your issue.
Old 16-08-18, 02:24 PM   #7

Yes I've done that as well. Tried to lock the car and haven't checked that doors and (especially) the tailgate aren't fully closed. Five minutes (or less) later the alarm is sounding off.
Old 16-08-18, 10:59 PM   #8

Same happens if the bonnet isn't latched down fully.
Old 16-08-18, 11:15 PM   #9

An insect in the car can cause it. It may also be triggered by dust. A good vacuuming may help.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-18, 09:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
An insect in the car can cause it. It may also be triggered by dust. A good vacuuming may help.
I keep the inside of my car well clean and vacuumed

And I hadn't thought of an insect. A wasp seems to like one of my side mirrors at the moment, so maybe he found a way in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in