Peugeot Forums banner

Airbag ECU reset - new issue

9K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  mctrials23 
#1 ·
I had an issue with the airbags on my 2014 308 and there was permanent data on the ECU that needed clearing.

There was "of the fired pretensioners" and "front airbags fired". Sent the ECU off to be cleared and have just got it back and refitted.

Now a new fault has appeared "drivers pretensioner line fault" and I'm pretty sure this has been written to the newly cleared ECU which is bloody annoying. Does anyone have any ideas what this fault means?

The code is B0070 1B if that helps.

This wasn't coming up at all before the ECU was reset so was it simply not bothering to check the rest of the system as it had a major fault already?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

#6 ·
crash data is permanent information rather than a fault so it would stop the ecu looking for anything on the offending circuit as its not a fault as such its a permanent non repairable fault in the ecu memory so even if it found further faults the crash data would keep the light on regardless !

In these cases the ecu is scrap anyway so no need for it to function any more as it has done its job firing airbags or whatever yes i know it can be blanked and reused but as far as the makers are concerned crashed is scrap.

#7 ·
It makes sense in a roundabout way but from a diagnostics and repair perspective it doesn't. Your ECU has permanent data written to it when the crash occurs. You replace the airbags etc and fit a new ECU and start everything up and a wire is loose somewhere and suddenly you have another buggered ECU.

Just seems like a strange way to deal with this sort of thing but then again I have almost no experience in fixing cars.

#8 ·
Your not understanding you DO NOT have another buggered ecu as you call it you have a wiring issue that needs fixed to make the ecu happy with its self test it does EVERY time the car starts !

once wiring is fixed the ecu will be happy and the light goes out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.