Air Condenser Replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-04-19, 01:09 PM   #1

Default Air Condenser Replacement

Just had the air con checked out because it hasn't worked for a while now and they have diagnosed it with a leak in the condenser. I have the option to pay them to do it or have a go at it myself.

I am reasonably capable at general car related fixing and maintenance and I assume this shouldn't be super hard to do.

My main question is what replacement condenser should I be going for. I have the relevant part number (96 736 297 80) but there are about 8 different manufacturers to choose from with prices varying from ~50 to ~150.

Now if this was a non-essential part that could easily be replaced and wouldn't cause any side-effects I would just pick a reasonably priced one and be done with it. The kicker here is that once I have fitted it I will be forking out the best part of 240 to have the thing re-gassed with the new super expensive gas so any mistakes or a poor quality part will be an expensive issue.

Does anyone have any views on the different manufacturers of OEM parts?

Thermotec, Frigair, Hella, MaxGear, NRF, Delphi, Van Wezel, Abakus, Nissens, Prasco and Dasis seem to be my options.
mctrials23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-04-19, 09:28 PM   #2

Hi - what model do you have?

I have a 2015 308 BLUE HDI S/S GT Line - and I suspect that I have the same issue as last summer was awful - the air con definitely looks to have lost gas.

Halfords do offer the R1234YF gas at selected autocentres.

https://www.halfordsautocentres.com/...ng-gas-changes

They charge 40 for a basic pre-gas check and then it's 80 for the new gas - so 120 for complete regas - apparently.

Be interested to know how you get on .......

Last edited by FOREST37; 29-04-19 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Additional cost info added
FOREST37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-19, 08:13 AM   #3

We have a 2014 308 1.6Hdi.

I might have a look into that as thats a hell of a lot cheaper. It sounds like in a few years time the gas will come down in price a lot as all of the 2017 cars will be out of manufacturer warranty so pretty much every re-gas will be paid for by the owner.
mctrials23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-04-19, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctrials23 View Post
We have a 2014 308 1.6Hdi.

I might have a look into that as thats a hell of a lot cheaper. It sounds like in a few years time the gas will come down in price a lot as all of the 2017 cars will be out of manufacturer warranty so pretty much every re-gas will be paid for by the owner.
I had my 308 2015 re-gased at Halfords at 120,happy to pay that price for the new stuff,not all depots are equipped though 20 miles away was my nearest.
skipman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in