Air-Con....failure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-18, 03:22 PM   #1

Default Air-Con....failure

Well; how lucky am I...First hot day and the air-con fails...we were roasting and had to cut short our drive out and get home.

Turns out it may need a new compressor and condensor....cost to replace ...around £1500....WTF...

Luckily on the 15th May my 308 will be 3 years old which means it's still in warranty...job's being done on 30th April just two weeks prior!!! Unbelievable!!!

Cars only done 4650 miles and as soon as I told the mechanic the year of manufacture he immediately suggested the fault.

Hopefully they can get things ready for the 30th; quite a long job as the testing alone takes about 3 hours. They said it may take all day.

Last edited by allan40alt; 19-04-18 at 10:20 PM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-04-18, 03:26 PM   #2

...BTW...I had my 308 serviced and MOT'd yesterday and it passed with flying colours....as you may expect with my low mileage...

No problems at all with any of the lighting mods I've made to LED's.

Al.
Old 19-04-18, 05:26 PM   #3

When your mechanic said he knew exactly what it was he didn't happen to say it only afflicted the petrol engine models, did he?

Bit of a vested interest, y'see...

Old 19-04-18, 05:42 PM   #4

No, he never mentioned engine type; just that he's pretty sure that's what the problem is. He mentioned it as soon as I said it was coming up to 3 years old.

He's hoping they have one in the stores as, if not, then they will have to order from Peugeot and they can't return it. That's why they need to check the system first to find the fault; but he seemed pretty sure that's what it was.
Old 19-04-18, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan40alt View Post
Well; how lucky am I...First hot day and the air-con fails...we were roasting and had to cut short our drive out and get home.

Turns out it may need a new compressor and condensor....cost to replace ...around £1500....WTF...

Luckily on the 15th May my 308 will be 3 years old which means it's still in warranty...jobs being done on 30th April just two weeks prior!!! Unbelievable!!!

Cars only done 4650 miles and as soon as I told the mechanic the year of manufacture he immediately suggested the fault.

Hopefully they can get things ready for the 30th; quite a long job as the testing alone takes about 3 hours. They said it may take all day.
You should see the costs of a re-gas! they use the new type of gas and its around £600
PuntsWorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-04-18, 03:47 PM   #6

My air con failed too – well either that or it wasn’t working when I bought it second hand (2015 model). I took it back to where I bought it from and they fixed it, luckily.
oligopoly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-18, 06:11 PM   #7

Well I'm pleased to say I now have the air-con working fully.

They had to inject a coloured dye I believe to check the system for leaks. Then they fitted a new compressor and, of course, re-gas the system.

They said the compressor alone costs them £500 plus the gas plus a whole day of testing and repairs etc.

I'm so thankful we went out on that one hot day we've had this year so we could discover the air-con not working...just 2 weeks left on the warranty to go....
Old 30-04-18, 11:00 PM   #8

Very lucky, thank goodness we had summer for a week.
Old 01-05-18, 09:39 AM   #9

...lucky indeed ... It went wrong one hot day last summer when we were on our way back from our daughters' in Peterborough but when I took it into the dealer the next day it had started working again; although it was a much cooler day and may not have been as noticeable.

The only other really hot days here last year were when we were away on holiday in Spain and the car was parked at East Midlands airport. We didn't get to use the car much at all after that until this one recent hot sunny day when we decided to go out for a drive and lunch somewhere nice....unfortunately we returned in case a belt had failed etc. and ended up with salad in the garden.

Al.

PS:...excellent service as usual from the folks at Peugeot in Rugby....

Last edited by allan40alt; 01-05-18 at 10:30 AM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-18, 09:55 AM   #10

...BTW...I thought I would mention about the one noticeable occurrence last summer as, if you have experienced a similar malfunction, then it may just be a warning of things to come....

Al.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in