308GT 2018; Second USB on rear of radio? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slimgym

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-18, 10:10 PM   #1

Default 308GT 2018; Second USB on rear of radio?

Hi
My 2018 GT has only one USB port, near the 12V supply under the radio.
Whilst one is enough .. I would rather it be to the right side of the steering wheel so I can use this Brodit mount. Unfortunately Brodit don't do a low level centre mount in the RHD model probably due to the button arrangement meaning there's nowhere it would go, so this is the only realistic way to mount a phone holder.

I could extend the existing one but wondered if anyone who has had one of these apart knows if there is another connector on the rear of the media unit to support a second separate USB, and if so, what type of connector it is?

Found this cable on ebay but if the picture of the rear of the radio is correct, there's only one port there anyway.
slimgym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-05-18, 10:16 PM   #2

I've got a 2015 GT I've actually slung my cable between the centre USB to the same brodit mount. Make sure you buy the cable supplied by Brodit don't skim on the cable as I found it hard to get a right size cable (length and connector). I used a Belkin cable as it was long enough to be snaked across (I will try to take a picture and post). But I had to file away connector to fit into Brodit holster.

It causes my USB connection to be flaky over bumpy roads as it thinks I have undocked and redocked the phone. I have the 2nd port for my HDD under the steering on right hand side. I have discovered Spotify recently - its better than my HDD for some reason and the metatags actually pull though!
Old 21-05-18, 10:27 PM   #3

Thanks, frustrating no centre mount but having seen the LHD Brodit mount I can see why not. The French models supposed to have two USB's, one in the glove box which would be on the right side but sadly didn't feel a spare cable there.

Tried today through a USB hub which read multiple memory sticks but CarPlay didn't work through it (seems to be as expected, that it doesn't work through a hub).

I have the Brodit mount with lightning connector in my old 308CC which I planned to move over. I was kind of torn between using BT or CarPlay though; annoying when incoming text messages disrupt the satnav display but I do like having both Waze and TomTom up together for any traffic warnings.

The interior of the new 308 is so sleek and seamless I can see why you would not want to disrupt it with a mobile phone .. and be great to leave the phone out of sight .. but needs must!
ShereKhan likes this.

Old 21-05-18, 10:28 PM   #4

You will find the dash mounted USB is connected to the rear USB socket on the radio but its not a real usb connector anyway on the rear of the radio its made to suit the cable you linked to.
Old 21-05-18, 10:29 PM   #5

Ok thank you! Is there just the one port (already occupied) though, or a spare one to connect an additional USB to?
Old 22-05-18, 09:04 AM   #6

I changed my radio because my original one was without GPS, so I bought used one via ebay, that had GPS. Anyhow, since it was in my hands for some time (installation was done by dealer, btw), I saw it had 2 of those strange USB ports on the back, the ones like in the ebay cable you linked in post #1.

It doesn't mean *ALL* of the radios have 2 USB ports. It just means, in my book, there's a good chance for it. Maybe worth opening up the radio mask and looking back at the radio to see? I don't know how hard it is to open the mask (it's the part where the volume button is, under the display).
Old 22-05-18, 09:23 AM   #7

Indeed it may only have one but it gives me a little more confidence to dig inside and find out. The old 308 was relatively easy to get everything out (albeit you had to dismantle lots of things before you got to it). This seems to have been designed so nothing is visible .. I only just discovered you need a spanner to change the rear lights for example. Although that said my 8 year old 308 has never needed the rear bulbs changing anyhow. Just a little surprised for example the indicators on this aren't LED.

Will report back and hopefully grab a photo for completeness
Old 22-05-18, 12:15 PM   #8

When I saw mine in garage, all apart for radio change, I seem to remember that the whole cover was one piece of plastic/trim with some tabs that keep it in place, so not a big deal to remove given that one doesn't break off those tabs.
So if you're taking it apart, a warm weather we're having is a +. Other than that - sorry, I can't help...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in