308 Washer fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-18, 09:15 PM   #1

Default 308 Washer fault

Good evening everyone , has anyone noticed when you squirt the rear washer the front washers squirt on the screen? I have had this looked at by my Peugeot dealer and they replaced the washer pump and seal and gave me back my car with the same fault. They are now saying as all the cars they have tested do the same thing then it is not a fault . What do you think?
Harvey308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-18, 09:18 PM   #2

Default 308 Clutch pedal Squeak

Good evening everyone. The clutch pedal on my 308 has need squeaking and this has now been back to the dealer 3 times. On the first occasion they "greased" it . On the second ocassion I was told there was a recall for a clip on the clutch pedal and now the third time they have used another type "grease".

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am dreading it happening again as it really is annoying.
Old 06-03-18, 09:20 PM   #3

Default 308 32000 mile service

Good evening everyone, does anyone know the service schedule for the 32000 mile service on the 1.6 120bhp diesel.

Old 06-03-18, 09:29 PM   #4

3 different questions on one thread, which one do you want us to answer?
My washer doesn't put water on the front screen when I wash the back.
Clutch pedal problem is well covered elsewhere in this section. PTFE spray.
Old 06-03-18, 09:34 PM   #5

Thank you for a quick reply , sorry my bad. Would like them all answered lol.

The washer fault is annoying they tested 5 cars in the dealership and they all did it and even my partners 308 does it . Ours are both 65 plates.
Old 06-03-18, 09:40 PM   #6

Mine's a 65 plate.
OK, just been out to check, and yes I do get about 4 drops of water on the front screen when the rear wiper is activated. I had never noticed when on the move. Is this what you are so worried about? I assumed from your post that it sprayed out of the front as well as the back.
Old 06-03-18, 09:46 PM   #7

It doesn't actually spray like it would normally but there is enough water for it to splash onto the front windscreen and it is noticable in mine when driving . I just did not expect the dealer to admit there was a fault by ordering new parts and fitting them and then the second time it went there they totally dismissed the fact it was a fault and have given me the technicians report.
Old 07-03-18, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey308 View Post
Good evening everyone , has anyone noticed when you squirt the rear washer the front washers squirt on the screen? I have had this looked at by my Peugeot dealer and they replaced the washer pump and seal and gave me back my car with the same fault. They are now saying as all the cars they have tested do the same thing then it is not a fault . What do you think?
Same is on mine, didn't try to solve because it is not a problem for me. Very rare I squirt the rear washer
Old 07-03-18, 08:49 AM   #9

A few drops on my front windscreen, too. I noticed that already but didn't consider as fault.
My clutch pedal was squeak before. Greased, changed some clip or something and, if I remember correctly, changed cylinder.
My SMEG remember last source, not quite sure for BT because I use it just for navigation occasionally, but I think that BT is remembered too. SMEG remember even if I muted sound before switching it off.

Last edited by Sinisha; 07-03-18 at 08:53 AM.
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-18, 06:59 PM   #10

Well I've had this car for a year now and have only just noted the washer "problem" because I specifically looked for it. I certainly hadn't noticed before. Nor would I consider it a fault.

Of course normally the only time I would use the rear washer would be in wet weather, when I would almost certainly have the front wipers on anyway due to rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in