308 Hazard lights - came on at night when car parked - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-19, 01:08 PM   #1

Question 308 Hazard lights - came on at night when car parked

Has anyone else had their hazard lights coming on at night when their car was parked? It caused a flat battery so quite annoying this morning!

- It's only happened once but do you think I should get it checked out?

- Also, could this possibly be caused by "tampering"? (Hard to see how, though)

I'd appreciate any advice you have about this

Thank you
lifesariot40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-19, 01:15 PM   #2

When you unlocked the car, did the alarm led in the ultrasonic disarm switch flash rapidly before you switched the ignition ON?

If it was then that means the alarm system was triggered since you last locked the car & armed the alarm system.
Old 13-05-19, 01:46 PM   #3

Default 308 Hazard lights issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
When you unlocked the car, did the alarm led in the ultrasonic disarm switch flash rapidly before you switched the ignition ON?

If it was then that means the alarm system was triggered since you last locked the car & armed the alarm system.
Well I had a flat battery so no lights came on and the car wouldn't start.. but there was a rapid clicking noise in the car, so I believe that the alarm system may have been triggered.. although no noisy alarm sound in the night (unless I slept through it, which is unlikely). Does this sound possible?

Thanks Mr Lee!

Old 13-05-19, 01:52 PM   #4

Hi...perhaps the battery has been drained and low voltage could triggger all sorts of faults...I would check the battery voltage first and battery condition..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-19, 02:39 PM   #5

Hazard lights normally only flash for 5 minutes on alarm triggering - the siren shuts up after 30 seconds upon first trigger unless the system is triggered again.
Old 13-05-19, 03:26 PM   #6

Smile Thanks for the advice..

Thanks for your advice, both, I appreciate it. I think it's possible that the alarm did go off for a bit, and in combination with the hazard lights this ran down the battery, which is getting low - it's probably due a new one tbh. I better get onto it to avoid a repeat of last night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in