308 gti - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hectorriva
  • 1 Post By ttimbo
  • 1 Post By Rickie88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-19, 08:21 PM   #1

Default 308 gti

I am at the moment running in a 2019 308 GTI.
I only have around 800 miles on the clock and its going back to the dealers this week after being checked by themselves after i started hearing what sounded like a rumbling/grinding sound from the car. More evident whilst reversing into the drive.
Turns out the Top Strut Mounts have gone!!!! Already shouts i..... well to say im not impressed would be a given.
Dont get me wrong, the car is awesome to drive and is a real licence shredder, in the wrong hands.. and very stiff on the suspension side.
Ive had 3 308's and not had a problem with any of them.. it would be interesting to see if any other members have had problems with newer models around the suspension side of the car.
Needless to say. im already looking to change the car at the earliest moment. maybe another 308 GT auto which was a dream to drive.
Thankyou..
DonaldF likes this.
hectorriva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-19, 06:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorriva View Post
I am at the moment running in a 2019 308 GTI.
I only have around 800 miles on the clock and its going back to the dealers this week after being checked by themselves after i started hearing what sounded like a rumbling/grinding sound from the car. More evident whilst reversing into the drive.
Turns out the Top Strut Mounts have gone!!!! Already shouts i..... well to say im not impressed would be a given.
Dont get me wrong, the car is awesome to drive and is a real licence shredder, in the wrong hands.. and very stiff on the suspension side.
Ive had 3 308's and not had a problem with any of them.. it would be interesting to see if any other members have had problems with newer models around the suspension side of the car.
Needless to say. im already looking to change the car at the earliest moment. maybe another 308 GT auto which was a dream to drive.
Thankyou..
I have a 308 GT 180 BHP 2016 love it
DonaldF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-19, 11:07 AM   #3

Yeah one of the many common problems with this car, also your Alcon brakes ceasing, the brake disk warping. Shocks needing regreasing. Theres a big list of common problems that comes with the car. (New disks cost over £1000)

The layshaft on mine went at 12k miles had a complete new gearbox change.
Rickie88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-19, 11:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickie88 View Post
Yeah one of the many common problems with this car, also your Alcon brakes ceasing, the brake disk warping. Shocks needing regreasing. Theres a big list of common problems that comes with the car. (New disks cost over £1000)

Thanks ó is there a subforum or another site where these are discussed? Yes, I just bought a late 2016 build GTi 270 with 50,000km on the odo. Seems pretty tight to me..and still has some warranty, so Iím keen to identify any known problems early and fix them. Thanks in advance.

A quick pic for attention

hectorriva likes this.
Old 01-06-19, 11:45 AM   #5

If you're on Facebook join

Peugeot 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport (worldwide)

Peugeot 308 II GTi Club

These lots of post and things all to do with the car.
ttimbo likes this.
Rickie88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-19, 02:55 PM   #6

My '66 (pre facelift) 308 is currently waiting for some new suspension bits because I've been getting a knocking... I have an allure though

Last time I was at the dealers I was told Peugeot are having loads of problems with their suspension at the minute (I assume he means since the facelift) because on my previous 2014 I had no issues in 70k..

Though I doubt they would have changed the suspension components for a facelift...?
Old 03-06-19, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickie88 View Post

Wow.....
Old 03-06-19, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldF View Post
I have a 308 GT 180 BHP 2016 love it
I had the 2017 GT 180hp.... beautiful car to drive.. and IMO has a lot more spec to it than the GTI! Usable spec that is..
i took mine to central France for a 2 week camping trip... It never missed a beat and was perfect for the motorway drive... B road too... it eats them for brekky.!!
Old 08-07-19, 05:38 AM   #9

Hi, my 2017 Gti270 has recently had top mount bearings replaced, after 24,500 miles. Still not cured noise though! Going back in soon....
Otherwise, front brakes sticking only issue.
Shame about yours..
Adam294 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-19, 01:21 PM   #10

Question

Hope its the only problem i have with it.
Other than that its fine although the suspension is very hard. Its a sports car i can hear people shout, and yes it goes round corners like a sled on rails. But when i get the Thule box on the top and fill the bugger up with tent and camping gear and fill the boot up im not too sure about the comfort or lack of it when driving to France in August. Once its empty i can play on the rural back roads of the Limousin/Dordogne...lets see how it handles then!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in