308 GT Mpg Round Trip - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AJW852
  • 1 Post By AJW852

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-19, 03:17 PM   #1

Default 308 GT Mpg Round Trip

67830286_10219914376676234_5804169523359645696_n-mpg-latest.jpg
my mpg shown on screen
DonaldF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-08-19, 03:50 PM   #2

Hey Donald, I remember you had a k&n filter but any other modifications? What speed and distances you doing for that result? I do 100 mile round trip mainly motorways and I can achieve 55mpg doing 70mph. Im more than happy with power to fuel consumption, cracking car.
DonaldF likes this.
AJW852 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-08-19, 04:05 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW852 View Post
Hey Donald, I remember you had a k&n filter but any other modifications? What speed and distances you doing for that result? I do 100 mile round trip mainly motorways and I can achieve 55mpg doing 70mph. Im more than happy with power to fuel consumption, cracking car.
Hi yes I fitted a K&N Air Filter which I swear by I was doing 60-70 mph when allowed not cruise control round trip of 331 miles I put diesel additive in which seems to work engine sounds quiet I love this car tarted it up by fitting Shark Fin Antenna easy to do and looks the part and it works DAB etc latest software and Map update no other mods fitted.

Old 13-08-19, 07:18 PM   #4

Thanks Donald, will have to try an additive and I like the idea of the shark fin conversion.
DonaldF likes this.
AJW852 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-08-19, 06:35 AM   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW852 View Post
Thanks Donald, will have to try an additive and I like the idea of the shark fin conversion.
worth fitting
K&N Air Filter you will notice mpg increase also maybe power improvement not that it needs it the Shark Fin looks great diesel additive I bought from Amazon cheaper than Halfords.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #6

Any links to the shark fin?

I'm averaging over 6500 miles about 45 mpg. I mainly do short runs daily though, and that can involve 2 long straights with a few twisty bits so once or twice a week will get a bit of a workout on those roads. I was initially really disappointed with the MPG but it's slowly getting better as the engine gets more run in & loose.
matt_den is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:22 AM   #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_den View Post
Any links to the shark fin?

I'm averaging over 6500 miles about 45 mpg. I mainly do short runs daily though, and that can involve 2 long straights with a few twisty bits so once or twice a week will get a bit of a workout on those roads. I was initially really disappointed with the MPG but it's slowly getting better as the engine gets more run in & loose.

Hi regarding shark fin bought on Amazon also I would fit a K&N Air Filter to increase mpg works fine in my 308sw GT 180BHP
Old Today, 08:42 AM   #8

K&N will increase MPG but in my experience, not permanently. It will slowly decrease to that of a paper filter and then eventually dip under. You need to clean it out and you can never clean it out well enough to remove all the dirt in the filtration media.

Also, comparing MPG, car vs car doesn't mean much. One person might be doing mainly free motorway while another has to slow down / speed up due to traffic.
BiGK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in