308 GT April 2018 - different fuse box to previous models - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul-R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-18, 04:56 PM   #1

Default 308 GT April 2018 - different fuse box to previous models

Had a go at throwing a hard wired dash cam today. Feeding the cable was a doddle, took the trim away from the A pillar (just wires in there, no airbag), draw wire right down to the fuse box (which is still buried in an adjacent county) so progress was quick and end result very tidy.

However .. the printed handbook makes no reference to which fuse is what, and the PDF is for the 2017 model and wrong. The unfitted ones are dead so can't be pressed in to service. The fuses are tight together and the piggy back adaptor won't fit in all positions.

So F22 it was, a 3A jobbie and active lane keeping from the error it threw while unfitted.

Picture attached in case anyone can fill the gaps in or has seen before Lots of fuses!

I tried the 3008 manual online in case it's the same but servicebox pre-dates the current model there too. Good old French car electrics eh?
Attached Thumbnails
img_1812.jpg  
slimgym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-18, 05:35 PM   #2

You're not alone with the "wrong" fusebox.

When I was wiring in an extra 12v power socket in the rear of our 2015 SW I also found that the handbook was wrong. I found that the handbook for the next year's model (available as a DF from the PSA site) seemed to have the correct fusebox but that wasn't what defeated me in the end - It was being totally unable to access the damn fusebox. It's hidden behind a ridiculous amount of wiring and I couldn't swing it down to investigate.

I bypassed the problem (literally) by taking the feed directly to the battery but that won't help you. I run my dashcam from a auxiliary socket doubler which also has two USB charging outputs on it. I bought a 3m USB to Micro lead and tucked that in behind the trim around the screen. It's not completely hidden down by the centre console, of course, but that doesn't worry me.
slimgym likes this.
Old 03-07-18, 05:44 PM   #3

Thanks, glad I'm not alone.. At least one of the plugs that totally blocks access can be slid off a clip and moved out of the way, maybe they are all similar. The tool to get fuses out is totally useless, too short and doesn't grip the fuse enough to pull them out however I have some long nosed pliers which will get in there. Just a shame the unpopulated fuses seem to be dead. I would have thought they'd have one busbar for perm and one for switched but doesn't appear so.

When I did it on my old 308CC I considered its current draw was probably really minimal so hooked it to a switched positive behind where the reading lights are. Never popped a fuse but thought this time I should do it properly. Even though the car fought back several times.

I was pleased this one does have an accessory socket up back which is unusual considering it's a hatch. Unfortunately unlike the mainland EU models though, they took the inverter and 240v socket out of the centre console which is a shame.
slimgym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-18, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimgym View Post
I was pleased this one does have an accessory socket up back which is unusual considering it's a hatch. Unfortunately unlike the mainland EU models though, they took the inverter and 240v socket out of the centre console which is a shame.
When I was ordering my GT I looked at a UK Allure and saw the mains plug in the rear. I was expecting this in my GT but was disappointed I didn't have it.

Its a two pin socket so you would need a Euro plug but still useful as my car is often a mobile office! perfect for laptop mains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in