308 GT anyone have Active cruise control that works - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-19, 04:51 PM   #1

Default 308 GT anyone have Active cruise control that works

Does anyone have a 2015 308 GT active cruise control that works continuously? Not sometimes or for a while but all of the time.
Mine sometimes works for a few ocassions i. e decellerates using engine braking and accelerates in normal smooth traffic but then in the same smooth traffic it will after a short while accelerate as if the car in front does not exist causing some hard braking.
Glynntt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-05-19, 08:23 PM   #2

Mine has never missed a beat
Adie52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-05-19, 08:44 PM   #3

Thanks, appreciate the feedback keep them coming, I need this to feed back to Peugeot

Old 01-06-19, 03:04 PM   #4

Yes use mine all the time, more often than not driving everywhere like this. Never had any issues with it.

Should have said this is a 2018 308 GT Auto, it accelerates to the speed set, brakes when required if necessary bringing the car to a total halt and applying the brakes if the traffic stops. You have to then accelerate up manually to about 20mph and press the pause/resume to make it take over again.

To take on board the last speed limit sign you press the bottom button twice.

Last edited by slimgym; 04-06-19 at 10:10 PM.
slimgym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-19, 08:04 PM   #5

Bumpp
Old 01-06-19, 10:08 PM   #6

As above, never any issues.
Old 03-06-19, 02:31 PM   #7

Mine works just fine, I use it a lot actually. It doesn't brake (I have a manual gearbox, pre-facelift model) but it cuts the throttle and reaccelerates as needed. Works well, actually.
mlin32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-19, 06:30 AM   #8

I am very new to the car, just bought a 2015 SW GT, and for the times I have tested (did 200km + on the autobahn), always on and always working well...

Last edited by rosinsky; 19-06-19 at 06:58 AM.
rosinsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-19, 09:13 PM   #9

You may be amused by my weekly bulletin to some of my more persistent colleagues constantly asking me what’s happening with my car. I decided on a bulletin so I didn’t have to keep discussing it. BTW it’s a long read….

Welcome to the first of the weekly update bulletins on my car.
Story to date

Soon after purchase discovered Active cruise control not working to spec. followed by numerous orange engine lights flashing on for several seconds at a time but no message given sometimes resulting in limp home mode.
Sent to Peugeot Newbury for diagnostics, took a week to sort out and book in.
Diagnosed as requiring replacement motor wiper.
Several days pass whilst Warranty approve fix.
Motor ordered and takes at least 2 weeks for delivery.
Peugeot think it’s the wrong part, 2 days pass and then someone with enough brain cells who can read realizes it’s the correct part.
Several further days pass whilst awaiting a slot to do work.
Work done, mechanic reports all working.
Next day I take Mechanic out for a drive down the Newbury bypass…he’s left satisfied that the cruise control doesn’t work after several near fatal accidents. He’s happy to get back to the garage and report his near death experiences.
Engine lights continue.
M.D assigns “After sales Manager” to deal with and keep me informed.
M.D. goes on holiday for 2 weeks.
After Sales Manager admitted to hospital
4 days pass and I ambush the After sales Manager by ascertaining he is back to work and drive to Peugeot on a Friday to discuss~
Monday, approval is gained from the Warranty company to change the Radar unit.
Unit ordered and replaced on Wednesday/Thursday
Thursday afternoon I get a call saying still not working.
Next the diagnosis suggests high pressure fuel pump
Monday this week, warranty company approve but want their Engineer to inspect old pump before ordering.
Now awaiting workshop time to get down to fuel pump level and have visiting warranty engineer inspect.
I continue to drive the Black Peugeot 208 brand new, so new they didn’t have time to wash car or remove the foam padding off bumper…still there.
This email address does not accept replies especially those offering suggestions and especially especially those offering advice.
The writer is unable to enter in to any further questions, discussions or correspondence.
Look out for a further bulletin next week for what is bound to become a popular running soap show.
GT
Can we have pictures inserted in your weekly please?
And could you also add your weekly forecast about what will happen?
I should remind you Fabian that this is an unattended email box so replies are not possible. However as it doesn’t seem to be working as intended I think your suggestion is a good one so if you would go and stand behind my courtesy car I will take a before and after photo of me reversing.
I’m being pressed for a mid week bulletin so here’s an addition to the weekly (or wiggly as Fabian refers to it)
Last week the diagnosis along with “Peugeot technical” based in Hungary ( no translation issues there then)*** suggested high pressure fuel pump. So finally they got round to stripping it and found the fuel pump seals might need replacing which were ordered last Friday and due in yesterday (Tuesday)/ today so no update on that.
Peugeot Technical also said that the active cruise control is behaving correctly but the dealer have rightly said nonsense. “Technical” are partly right, if I get to close to the car in front by misadventure it should cancel itself which it does occasionally but of course I shouldn’t be able to get that close in the first place by normal driving…..as the newly converted born again Christian mechanic can attest to.
You might be interested in the courtesy car….
Every time the low fuel message flashes on, which is frequently when you are only putting a fiver of fuel in at a time the sat-nav helpfully switches on. Occasionally when the stop-start operates…the sat nav switches on. The stop-start doesn’t always work.
I may have to put the courtesy car in for diagnosis.
Meantime my grass seed is refusing to germinate even though I water it twice a day.
That’s it.
This email address does not accept replies especially those offering suggestions and especially especially those offering advice.
The writer is unable to enter in to any further questions, discussions or correspondence.
Wiggly bulletin.
Profuse apologies for no wiggly last week especially to Fabian.
The replacement of the ACC stalk made no difference.
Tuesday last week, some sort of Peugeot area Manager gets involved and escalates from Peugeot Hungary to P France.
Friday they finally come back with new radar settings but no time to do anything about it on Friday (I’m not there only customer)
Expecting a call yesterday and didn’t get one.
That’s it.
Wiggly update.
Not a lot to say anymore but Fabian is desperate for news.
Last Friday as mentioned the After sales Manager (Nick) got excited about the new radar settings he’d received. The mechanic (my own personal one) ***wasn’t in that day so it was Monday before he could tell Nick that he already had those settings programmed in.
I finally got a call Tuesday that it had been referred back to P in France again and at this time there was no further update.
On Tuesday on the advice from AG (stirrer) I I posted the wiggly on Peugeots facebook, it’s still there amazingly. It did get me a response and as a result of that it was escalated further to a Chief Engineer of some description in France.
Peugeot rather than the dealer also offered to upgrade me to a like for like hire car but when the hire company called they offered me a bloody astra which I politely…ish declined.
Next day I get a call from the dealer and Peugeot saying they wanted their car back so I suggested they actually offer a genuine like for like. They said yeah sure no problem.
That was yesterday and I haven’t heard a word since.
Presumably they are scouring the country for a hire company mad enough to stock French cars.
My grass seed has all drowned this week.
That’s it.

Early-week wiggly
Late Friday I got a call from Nick at the dealership saying Ooops Peugeot Technical in France had cancelled my ticket because it was a designed in feature of the car. I said don’t be ridiculous Nicholas, ACC isn’t designed to increase speed to hit the car in front unless it’s a German vehicle and he completely agreed. He reopened the ticket but as he explained they have no way to communicate other than through email, they don’t except phone calls and they take min. 2 days to respond to email.*** By last night Monday there was no response.
I did give them back there courtesy car having racked up 630 miles from new and got a new Vauxhall Grand Land X Turbo. It’s ok actually. 1.2 Turbo which is amazing for such a large vehicle and drives more like a 1.8/2.0.*** There’s very little electronics on it which probably explains why the French managed to build it.
Have now suggested to P customer services that they are just time wasting and running down my warranty...awaiting a response on facebook messenger on that one.
Have emailed in my story to Watchdog to see if they fancy jumping on the band wagon. Perhaps they will put together a “blame the French package” combining it with Brexit. Fabian, expect to be filmed outside apologising.
Grass is a bit patchy but the seed that didn’t drown last week is making a valiant attempt to keep up with the weeds.
That’s it.
Late mid-week Wiggly.

Last Friday evening Nick phoned to say P technical had recommending taking off the radar cover which they did…no fix.
Then they said replace the replacement radar unit. Nick said to them…. and if that doesn’t work are you going to pay for the unit cos the warranty won’t…. they retracted that idea.
The good news was that they supplied the mechanic with a direct line phone number….never been done before.
Couple days ago they suggested replacing the bracket that holds the radar so they did that this morning and THEY HAVE ONLY BLOODY FIXED IT!
I have to say I had wondered about that all along but thought that’s too obvious, surely they could tell it was bent out of shape or whatever. Nick is saying the new one look’s the same to him. It must be a highly tolerance refined part I guess and if it has had a bump…
Anyway the mechanic was out for about an hour and a half down the M4 testing it and Nick the aftersales Manager is going to take it for a final test this afternoon.
So that could be the end of the wiggly. And to think I only just finished drafting my letter using the WHICH template demanding my money back.
I hope to provide a final wiggly Monday morning after I maybe pick it up Friday afternoon.
…and my grass is growing
That’s it.
P.S. Thanks to Fabian for the new logo
P.P.S still awaiting the call back from Watchdog
Old 06-07-19, 09:14 PM   #10

So it was all about a bracket. Peugeot were not Willing to extend my guarantee, not by 3 months, not even by 1 month, even though my car had spent most of the last 3 months at the dealership.
Both Peugeot Technical in Hungary and France were adamant that my car was reacting correctly, it wasn't and thank goodness I had the support of the dealership.
The dealership were great, Peugeot were utter complete incompetents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in