308 1.2 Allure EAT6- some question - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-18, 04:42 PM   #1

Default 308 1.2 Allure EAT6- some question

Received my 308 1.2 Puretech Allure EAT6 today, which I am very happy with, however, I do have a few questions which I hope someone can help me with:

1. I came across a couple of tech specs online, from October 2013 and June 2015, which both stated the Allure spec had a reversing camera. However, my car, which was registered in September 2016, doesn't have one. I am assuming it was deleted from the spec at some point?

2. The electrochrome rear view mirror as a small spot on it (see picture attached). It looks like a leakage, but it is quite neat. Is this normal?

3. Is there anyway of setting the exterior mirrors so they don't fold in when the car locks?

4. The audio system always seems to default to DAB radio when the ignition is switched on, even through it was on Bluetooth when the car was switched off. Is there anyway of it remembering the last source?

Other than this, I'm very happy with the car. Even though I've come from a diesel, I can't believe how quiet the engine is, I had to double check that the start/stop function was working, as I couldn't hear the engine switch off and on again. There is quite a bit of tyre noise, though, i have noticed.
Attached Thumbnails
20180306_133157.jpg  
Twingoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-18, 07:24 PM   #2

Hi, I'm sure better informed than me will be along shortly but for what it's worth...

1) No idea about spec changes, it's a black art with Peugeot. Quick check to rule out any tech issues would be to check for camera's presence above rear number plate.
2) It's the light sensor for the auto dimming mirror, perfectly normal.
3) Folding can't be deactivated in menus, think dealer can do it through their diagnostic system though.
4) Not sure about streaming sources acting as default, are you giving it enough time to connect, it can take a while to establish sometimes? Have you tried USB phone connection and seeing if that acts as a default on startup?

Last edited by oligo333; 06-03-18 at 08:29 PM.
oligo333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-18, 09:35 PM   #3

The reversing camera was an option on the Allure. So some have it, some don't.

I think the folding mirrors are a handy indication that the car has locked.

I suspect the audio system will go back to the last known source, but not a streaming source as that takes time to connect. If you were using the juke box, it does default to that.

Old 07-03-18, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
The reversing camera was an option on the Allure. So some have it, some don't.
Strange. The tech spec from 2015 I've seen online states the Allure comes with 'Front and rear parking aid with reversing camera' as standard. Perhaps it doesn't distinguish the camera as a separate item. Anyway, mine definitely doesn't have it.

Quote:
I think the folding mirrors are a handy indication that the car has locked.
The reason I ask is that my Megane had the option to leave the mirrors unfolded, which I tended to do if it was cold to save the mirrors trying to fold out when frozen up.

Quote:
I suspect the audio system will go back to the last known source, but not a streaming source as that takes time to connect. If you were using the juke box, it does default to that.
Tried it again this morning, and the audio system defaulted to DAB radio on start up, and didn't switch over even though the phone was connected. Had to do it manually

To be honest, all these are just niggly things, which doesn't take away from how good the car is.
Old 07-03-18, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingoman View Post
Strange. The tech spec from 2015 I've seen online states the Allure comes with 'Front and rear parking aid with reversing camera' as standard. Perhaps it doesn't distinguish the camera as a separate item. Anyway, mine definitely doesn't have it.

The reason I ask is that my Megane had the option to leave the mirrors unfolded, which I tended to do if it was cold to save the mirrors trying to fold out when frozen up.

Tried it again this morning, and the audio system defaulted to DAB radio on start up, and didn't switch over even though the phone was connected. Had to do it manually

To be honest, all these are just niggly things, which doesn't take away from how good the car is.
Spec depending of country and year. My 2016 SW Style was ordered 2015 and came in February 2016. In the meantime chromed frame around windows which was in Style spec disappeared and wheels which should be same as in Allure altered in color. That was changes for year 2016.
Dealer offered to mount these chrome frames after the car came but I refused because I was afraid of some kind of damage that could occur while they do the job. Wheels are even nicer to me. All silver, not silver and black. And here in Croatia both Allure and Style offered with 16" stock wheels. Camera and Juke Box was options for Allure.

Last edited by Sinisha; 07-03-18 at 09:06 AM.
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-18, 08:13 PM   #6

Noticed another possible 'issue' this evening. Using the wipers for the first time, the drivers side blade seems to go right off the edge of the screen, and standing outside the car with the wipers on, the blade actually touches the A pillar.

Is this normal for the car, or not?
Old 07-03-18, 08:28 PM   #7

If you look carefully at the screen there are marks where the wiper blades should be when parked. It is possible yours is not correctly positioned. Mine doesn't go so far to the right in use.
When I was researching the purchase of my present car I actually wanted a reversing camera, so checked the spec carefully. I also checked the spec of each Allure listed in Auto Trader, and again, some had the camera listed under Safety, some didn't.
Old 08-03-18, 07:32 AM   #8

Is this the markings, on the drivers side? If so, then the wiper seems to park itself about an inch above this.
Attached Thumbnails
20180308_070000.jpg  
Old 08-03-18, 10:05 PM   #9

Yes. Looked at mine and there are two sets of white dashes, and the wiper is positioned between them.
The driver side one also stops parallel to the side of the screen, about 25mm away.

Yours was clearly assembled incorrectly. 5 minute job to sort out by the dealer.
Old 09-03-18, 12:35 PM   #10

Thanks for that. I'll drop into the dealer tomorrow. Thankfully we've got one in town, the only franchised dealer in town, so one of the reasons for buying the car...!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in