12v socket help needed please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-18, 01:17 PM   #1

Default 12v socket help needed please

My 12v wicket is not working (2016 308 1.6 blue hdi). I tried calling Peugeot to find out but they’re not picking up the phone. It will be easier if I change the fuse myself but I can’t be sure which one it is. I looked on a website fusebox That states it’s f15 in the glove box but I just want to be sure. Any help would be appreciated, also, has any one been able to connect their phones to give the car an internet connection? I did it once and had google up on the screen but I’ve never been able to do it again.
Sampochin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-08-18, 02:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampochin View Post
My 12v wicket is not working (2016 308 1.6 blue hdi). I tried calling Peugeot to find out but theyíre not picking up the phone.
If you're in the UK (except Scotland) and tried today that's quite likely as it's a Bank Holiday.
Old 27-08-18, 02:57 PM   #3

Pull the fuse out and look at it, you'll see if it's dead.

Even if you don't see it, replace the fuse and test your socket: if it works, it was the fuse and it was THAT fuse. If it still doesn't work, you either replaced the wrong fuse or it's not fuse at all.

Old 28-08-18, 03:40 PM   #4

Default 12v socket help neefded please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Pull the fuse out and look at it, you'll see if it's dead.

Even if you don't see it, replace the fuse and test your socket: if it works, it was the fuse and it was THAT fuse. If it still doesn't work, you either replaced the wrong fuse or it's not fuse at all.
Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just don’t know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so I’m checking the right fuse. Thanks again
Old 28-08-18, 04:13 PM   #5

I checked the manual it shows two different layouts with no way of knowing which one applies to me. I guess by elimination I can work out which applies to me but has anyone ever done this? The fuses seem impossibly awkward to get to. To you first disconnect everything in front of it to gain access?

Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just don’t know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so I’m checking the right fuse. Thanks again[/QUOTE]
Old 28-08-18, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampochin View Post
I checked the manual it shows two different layouts with no way of knowing which one applies to me. I guess by elimination I can work out which applies to me but has anyone ever done this? The fuses seem impossibly awkward to get to. To you first disconnect everything in front of it to gain access?

Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just donít know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so Iím checking the right fuse. Thanks again
[/QUOTE]

When checking fuses all fuses that are used have a slot cut out on top of them so you can visible see if they have blown or not, so all you have to do is run along the line of fuses with a torch and your mark one eyeball and see if any have blown the metal strip that you can see, then which ever one has blown change it, they even colour code fuses nowadays so you replace like for like, but if its a 15a fuse it will be a blue colour, 10a is red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in