1.6HDi Adblue engine oil - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-18, 07:00 PM   #1

Default 1.6HDi Adblue engine oil

The recommended engine oil seems to be a higher spec. than garages can obtain and use will it be wrong to let them put a the best grade in that they can get?
Eg. If they did not use the Shell equivalent to Peugeot/Citroen B71 2312 of which is Helix Ultra Professional AP-L 0W-30 and used Shell Helix Ultra-fully Synthetic would it be wrong?

You know I can go to a Peugeot dealer and pay 3 times as much and might still not get the specified super stuff.
Advertisement

Old 12-09-18, 10:05 AM   #2

Have you tried looking at independent oil mixers/resellers?

I decided to take a gamble on getting some B71 2312 from westway and it was spot on and dirt cheap, and as a few people have pointed out peugeot themselves would probably just chuck in whatever they had to hand that was closest anyway

Below is the extra requirements from the B71 2312 spec

PSA B71 2312
Peugeot Citroën has developed B71 2312 standard for oils able to endure the most severe thermal constrains along with most modern after treatment systems compatibility. The PSA B71 2312 standard applies to all Peugeot and Citroën vehicles equipped with “BlueHDi” Diesel engines fitted with SCR (Selective Catalyst Reduction) allowing NOx (Nitrous oxides) treatment through the use of AdBlue® additive or so-called “diesel exhaust fluid”. The standard also requires improved cold flow properties to reduce hydrodynamic friction of the oil, in order to obtain fuel economy benefits especially when the oil is cold. This extra requirement for cold flow properties allows excellent oil flow at start up, faster oil pressure build up, faster revs raisings and faster operating temperature reach. This type of low viscosity lubricant allows fuel consumption reduction and therefore reduces greenhouse gases (CO2) emissions.
Stubbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-18, 10:58 AM   #3

Have had the oil/filter change done at National Tyre Services for £56 booked on line.

My local branch 2 miles away did not want to do it as they only do cars requiring their branch stock oils, National Customer services told me they wrong as non stock oils are delivered to branch day after order placed.

Any way to be safe I placed online order with my other local branch 4 miles away at £56 on Monday choose Tuesday yesterday 11-12 am slot. Phoned before leaving to check they had received the oil, yes had arrived that morning.
Was Lukoil Genesis C2 0W-30 in 5 ltr. container.

I arrived just before 11 am and was driving home 45 mins. later with the unused 1 ltr. in the container. Very satisfied customer.

Old 12-09-18, 10:58 AM   #4

Some twenty five years ago I used to use Millers Oils products and this thread prompted me to look again at their products for B71 2312. I don't know how much the westway product is but Millers offer their XF Longlife 0w30 12 FE oil for £12.98/litre and £39.98/5 litre.

That is plus carriage and VAT though so maybe buy several to bring the cost down. They used to do 25l drums of oil (and maybe still do) so this may bring the cost down further. They are situated right by the M62 and I used to just call in when passing which meant no carriage cost.

https://www.millersoils-shop.co.uk/x...-fe-engine-oil
Old 12-09-18, 11:31 AM   #5

Paul at £40 for 5 Ltr. I have done very well with my total cost of £56 for draining, replace oil and filter and disposal and check for leaks, with 45 mins labour.
Old 12-09-18, 05:28 PM   #6

Can you post a link to these westway people?
Old 12-09-18, 05:53 PM   #7

https://www.westwayoils.co.uk/
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in