Xenon Headlamps 308 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Icey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-13, 12:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Xenon Headlamps 308

Hi all.

I own a beautiful 308 SW September 2008 Which I'm very proud of. VF34H9HZH55247541.

Iím trying to replace my normal stock headlamps with OEM Xenon headlamps (factory headlamps with magnifiers and xenon bulbs).
After months of searching I managed to find 2 OEM xenon headlamps like new and bought them.

Can anyone tell me if the OEM xenon headlights are compatible with my existing car electrical installation (the car had normal headlights).
Do I need to make changes to the electrical installation of the car or re soft the BSI.
I donít have the auto leveling sensor that I know they are mounted on the sway bar or front axle. IS THIS A MAJOR PROBLEM?? Can I level the headlight mechanical?

PLEASE! Can anyone give me a safe solution to install them on the car?
Can anyone provide me the wiring diagram for bouth cars - with and without OEM xenon

Iím writing you all this because after I bought the OEM xenon headlights I went to my local Peugeot dealer to install them but they refused me telling that the electrical installation on my car is not compatible with xenon headlamps.
And now I have to find some skilled electrician man to install them on the car.

What risks to expect if I install the OEM xenon headlamps on the car?Ö.if are any.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-13, 02:45 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: Xenon Headlamps 308

Its a pig of a job id say. Both those lamps are ecus plus you need serious wiring etc to make them fit and work correctly. It'd less hassle buying a car with them already from factory. Interesting though, i'd like to have a go at making them work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-13, 10:26 PM   #3
Inactive User

YES WE CAN!!!!

I did it!!!! 1 night of wiring diagram study and 4 hours of work and ON the they are
border_all and Refstar like this.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-06-14, 02:37 PM   #4
Inactive User

Nice work.
What did u end up doing? Please share
I am doing the same for my Peugeot RCZ, upgrading headlamps to oem rcz xenon headlamps and the xenon's don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
YES WE CAN!!!!

I did it!!!! 1 night of wiring diagram study and 4 hours of work and ON the they are
jim80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-14, 07:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

Im about to buy a used OEM xenon headlight for my peugeot 308 to be replaced with my standard headlights.

I can see in forum that you manage to do it. But others said very difficult. Could you please advice if it is easy to replace and how to do it?

Thanks
HOHA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-14, 01:04 PM   #6
Inactive User

I have the same problem, can someone post one solution? Thanks
jmv_driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-14, 08:33 PM   #7
Inactive User

Doubt if you'll get a reply from the OP as he last posted in April last year and presumably didn't wish to share his knowledge.
nickcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-10-14, 02:11 AM   #8

i know its not right,but im going to fit aftermarket hid kit in my halogen lamps,is it true that h7r bulbs are whats needed,as normal h7 are too long?

The standard lights are shite.
vw754 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-10-14, 09:23 AM   #9
Inactive User

Not noticed how bad they are as not been out in the dark since buying the car earlier this year
nickcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-17, 09:16 PM   #10

Hello,

This thread is a bit old but someone might consider to install these xenon head lights to his/her car. So I will tell you guys how you install it or what can you do to make them work.

It is a bit complicated and you need to understand the wiring diagrams. Both original xenon installed car or halogen installed ca has same plug.
But the pin connections are different in bsm module.
If you understand wiring diagrams find 1 308 with xenon head light factory install and another with halogen factory installed car vin number.
Find a nice electrical technician. You can make them work but you cant use them at full function.
What i meant is you can turn lights on / off , far/shor parking lamps is ok but you cant use its directional ability which is needed at turns to follow the turns. And you cant controll the height up and down from the button in the cabin.

Because it lacks 2 car geometry sensors and a controller ecu inside the left fender.
And it is a bit expensive to buy them. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Sorry for my english. Have a nice day.
Sinanoz35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in