Wipers and lights on but engine wont start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stevoxsi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-18, 06:54 PM   #1

Default Wipers and lights on but engine wont start

Asking about my Dad's car as he's not very internet savvy, so some of the details here might not be absolutely accurate as it's second hand from his recollection:

He got out of the car at home today after a short journey and went into the house. About 5 minutes later he came back out and saw that the window wipers were going and the headlights were on, but he hadn't switched either on in the car. He tried to start the car but it wouldn't start. A little while later the car started OK and both wipers and lights were off again.

He's phoned the garage and it's booked in for Friday but we're hoping for a bit of advice if this is a known fault or there might be something for the garage to go on when they get it on Friday.

I'm thinking there might not be a fault code stored as it has only happened once and seems to have reset itself.

He doesn't want to take any chances in case the fault returns as he relies on the car to pick his grandson up from school each day.

Any help gratefully received
sludd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-18, 10:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

My cousin had similar issues caused by water in a fuse box. Maybe worth a look?
sludd likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-18, 06:43 PM   #3

He took it in today and they couldn't find anything. I'll have good look around the fusebox etc and check the seals and maybe also the battery connections. Could just be a one off glitch I suppose but worth a wee bitt of maintenance anyway just in case.
sludd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in