Why Small Wiper on driver side. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-11, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Why Small Wiper on driver side.

Hi,

I am in UK and happy owner of 308 hatchback (2008 model).

Only irritating thing in my car is wipers. I really don't understand why 308 has small wiper on driver side as oppose to other cars. During rains its very irritating as longer wiper comes exactly half of my view. I don't feel comfortable driving car in rains just because of this Peugeot stupidity.

Is there a way we can swap the wiper blades and move longer one on driver side.

Thanks in advance,

JM
pdacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-11, 08:49 PM   #2
aos
Inactive User

I'd say because it's French, therefore set up for left hand drive. Not economical to change for rhd market, when it does the job almost as well.
chopper1192 and sterion75 like this.
aos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-11, 09:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aos View Post
I'd say because it's French, therefore set up for left hand drive. Not economical to change for rhd market, when it does the job almost as well.
Well its hard to understand when they have already spent money to move steering and related equipments from left to right.
pdacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-11-11, 09:33 PM   #4
aos
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdacrazy View Post
Well its hard to understand when they have already spent money to move steering and related equipments from left to right.
Yes, but they had to do that. The wipers don't need to be done (on 307's/308's). You get used to it.
My wife will be driving a 207 soon, which has conventional style wipers, but she found it weird on the test drive after 4 years of our 307's.
aos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-11, 09:41 PM   #5
Inactive User

I've had my 308 a few weeks now --we all said hey look crazy 1960's American wipers . It took me & my family exactly 30 seconds to get used to them --nobody even mentions it anymore ...they seem perfectly normal to me !!!
Old 28-11-11, 09:42 PM   #6
Inactive User

yeah i think it is as above where someone mentioned french and LhD markets.

my 307 blades only had a difference of 1 or 2 inch but got used to it.

however ive won this time with my focus as the americans/EU have to deal with it being the right way

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-11, 07:24 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdacrazy View Post
Hi,

I am in UK and happy owner of 308 hatchback (2008 model).

Only irritating thing in my car is wipers. I really don't understand why 308 has small wiper on driver side as oppose to other cars. During rains its very irritating as longer wiper comes exactly half of my view. I don't feel comfortable driving car in rains just because of this Peugeot stupidity.

Is there a way we can swap the wiper blades and move longer one on driver side.

Thanks in advance,

JM
I have the same problem. Driver's blade 26", passenger's 30". Spoke to my Peugeot garage who stated they could change the arms over but that would not be covered by the warranty! Not really good customer sevice considering the road safety issue of the driver's blade that only clears two thirds of the windscreen. Having said that, vertically impaired drivers will not experience this problem. Also Peugeot UK did not want to address the wiper issue when I contacted them and just suggested that I speak to my Peugeot garage!

Last edited by oscar1234; 29-11-11 at 07:26 PM. Reason: adding more detail
oscar1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-12, 04:05 PM   #8
Inactive User

Sorry to drag up an old thread... I have thought the same... If they have managed for the 207 - what's the crack witht the 308 been back to front?!

If you change the wiper arms over will it work? I really want to do this as the water which is uncleared is really annoying!!
sucmedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-12, 07:36 PM   #9

Experiment away, it should be a quick find out. It would be interesting to hear your findings. There might be a warranty issue as mentioned earlier.

sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-12, 08:20 PM   #10
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucmedic View Post
Sorry to drag up an old thread... I have thought the same... If they have managed for the 207 - what's the crack witht the 308 been back to front?!

If you change the wiper arms over will it work? I really want to do this as the water which is uncleared is really annoying!!
Because they either forgot, which is quite possible, or because the cost was deemed un-necessary considering it doesn't sell in any where near the same volume as the 207.

It's not a problem, but once you've picked up on it then it bugs you every time you switch the wipers on.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in