Tyre pressure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-10, 06:16 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Tyre pressure

Hi there, this is my first post I would like some advice on tyre pressures. I've recently just bought a 308 5 door 1.6 HDI Sport....Nice car and I'm very pleased with it. The 2 rear tyres needed changing so I replaced them with Michelin Pilot sport Ps2's, the fitter inflated them to 2.5 Bar (37psi) as per the instructions on the inside of the drivers door. However the ride seems a bit harsh compared to how it drove previously, any advice would be appreciated.

I've also read the post regarding Drifting to the left, I've also experienced this despite it having new tyres, the correct pressure and having the tracking done at the same time. Will this problem cause premature wear on one side of the tyre? Again any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

David
Davidoneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-10, 02:35 PM   #2
chopper1192

36-37 PSI is absolutely correct. The ride is firm on the Sport models, softer on the SE's - you takes your choice. Provided your Front Wheel Alignment is correct, the NSF tyre will almost always wear out quickest. The drifting problem is, IMHO as an ex-tech and a 308 owner, hokum bullcrap. It's down to the modern craze for unnecessarly fat tyres on everyday cars. the inside tyre takes the most load because on the camber on UK roads, and added to the vast rolling resistance the tyre size creates you have a tendency to wander - try driving (carefully!) On the wrong side of the road and you'll feel it happily loading up the other way. If you're happy with your car then enjoy it - don't go looking for problems that probably aren't there or you'll end up bitter and twisted like the doom mongers.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-10, 06:56 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for your reply chopper1192,

Don't worry I love the car and the ride isn't too bad actually, the drifting doesn't bother me and seems to be much better with the new tyres.

Thanks again

David
Davidoneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in