Trailer fusebox 2010 SW. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-10-15, 08:39 PM   #1

Default Trailer fusebox 2010 SW.

Looking in my handbook today at the fuse layout I noticed that several were reserved for a trailer fusebox. Is this something which would come with the Peugeot trailer wiring kit or is it something which is already there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-10-15, 09:12 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
Looking in my handbook today at the fuse layout I noticed that several were reserved for a trailer fusebox. Is this something which would come with the Peugeot trailer wiring kit or is it something which is already there?
Have a look at this link: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/Wiring_inst...19160514RC.pdf. It is the instructions for installing the dedicated electrics for a 508 saloon and SW. You will note that F11 is the one that is shown in the instructions. The connectors on the dedicated loom hook into existing connectors on the car so if you have this setup you should not have any problems. The car does have to be re-coded to tell it that the loom with the sockets are there and that a trailer is on the tow bar. The indicators will work as normal unless there is a fault when they speed up their flash-rate and displays a message in the display in front of the driver.

Last edited by FourOaksMan; 19-10-15 at 09:13 PM. Reason: replaced "not" with "have"
FourOaksMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-15, 06:25 PM   #3

I will have to search around the car. Another item in the handbook I've just seen says if not using a Peugeot dealer to fit tow bar be sure to use the electrical pre-equipment installed at the rear of the vehicle. Just have to find where they hid it.

Old 20-10-15, 07:06 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
Sent the wrong link the other day but have found this http://www.pfjones.co.uk/Wiring_inst...0508RC_308.pdf I hope this helps.
Old 24-10-15, 08:01 AM   #5

Thanks, not got that specific harness, but it shows where I should look.
Old 08-11-15, 03:08 PM   #6

For reference in case anyone else is doing this, Maxi Fuse 2 under the engine fuse box has a dark grey wire from it. This ends in a single black female spade terminal clipped to the harness above the glove compartment fuse box. So if fitting trailer wiring you just need to connect the permanent supply to the bypass relay from this.
Old 26-02-16, 01:35 PM   #7

Default Permenant live from Maxi 2 fuse to glove box fuses on 508

Hello everyone. I'm new on the forum so apologies upfront if I'm in error here.
I've a new to me 2012 508 SW GT with 12N towing electrics and I want to add the 12S supply. I've seen reference to a permanent live via a grey wire from the Maxi 2 fuse near the battery to a spade terminal above the glove box fuses. I've uncovered the fuses but cannot see or find a wire terminal. I've tried reaching up into the harness at the top where there's little free space.
Can anyone advise me so I can home in on the wire and connector?
Also if I can find it any guidance on routing the lead back into the boot would be appreciated.
rekrab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in