strange issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-13, 03:38 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default strange issue

car was parked on a slope last night facing uphill and it rained last night,when I started this morning I heard a weird noise sounded like alternator belt tensioner rattle lasted about 5 seconds then shut up and the engine sounded very quiet,when I moved on to the straight water p***ed out from drain holes behind front wheels,when I drove the car it went like f*** and was very powerful and felt brilliant,could water of got down on the belt and on speed sensor by crank and done something or could I have a dirty speed sensor and water on it made a better signal or what do you think?if timing has been out before and now its gone right would car of ran bad before,car has 40,000 on it.1.6 hdi.

Last edited by shamus1; 11-04-13 at 03:40 PM.
shamus1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-13, 11:32 AM   #2
Inactive User

if your variable vein actuator pulls up all the way when you start the car does that rule out the turbo electrovalve from being faulty?the way the car drove yesterday proves that I have never had the full power from it,i thought it was ok but yesterday proves that it isn't.something is causing it to be down on power,so far I have cleaned egr,new maf genuine,full service inc all filters turbo checked when serviced at peugeout,no shaft play,no fault codes on lexia apart from unexpected reinistilisation of the bsi,done bsi reset no different starts straight away hot or cold,no smoke, any ideas what to look for chaps as I have to get it driving like yesterday as it was fantastic.

Last edited by shamus1; 12-04-13 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-04-13, 12:53 PM   #3
Inactive User

is the 1.6 HDi in the 308 the 110bhp unit?

Old 12-04-13, 01:10 PM   #4
Inactive User

yes mate,regens regularly according to lexia filter is fine.
Old 22-04-13, 07:24 PM   #5
Inactive User

right still hunting for the power loss problems have tried everything except egr valve which is my next port of call,when the car is running right the idle seems smoother and the whole engine is quiet,when its not right it sounds more diesely,i have been told to disconnect the egr multiplug and try it but if it was stuck open a little bit disconnecting plug would not rule it out would it ?also no fault codes stored,do these play up without a fault showing ,if you are driving along cruising in 6th gear and clutch in and change down and accelerate it feels like the revs have dropped to quick and you get a hesitation.another question for you guys in the know why do you have to have a sotware update after replacing egr valve?many thanks guys.
Old 24-04-13, 12:55 PM   #6
Inactive User

right have tried with egr disconnected and no better,cant find the answer to this one neither can my Peugeot dealer,how do you check for a blocked cat?
Old 24-04-13, 01:03 PM   #7
davidireland

The turbo actuator on the capsule moves downwards not upwards.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-13, 11:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

well no need to look for power probs now car dosent have any. misses was going to work and someone who was coming towards her fell asleep and took her right out she is in hospital with dislocated shoulder and bad whiplash and cuts and bruises.car is completely fecked.
Old 25-04-13, 02:16 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1 View Post
well no need to look for power probs now car dosent have any. misses was going to work and someone who was coming towards her fell asleep and took her right out she is in hospital with dislocated shoulder and bad whiplash and cuts and bruises.car is completely fecked.
Very sorry to hear that mate, I do hope she recovers soon (the missus that is!).
dackjaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-13, 01:23 PM   #10
Inactive User

bloody hell, how is she now?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in