steering wheel vibration - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-13, 01:37 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default steering wheel vibration

Hiya guys need some of ur well known knowledge I been avin steering wheel wobble at all speeds above 70mph iv had the wheels ballanced twice and on there balancer it says 0 so I know tht its perfect iv changed the top mounts anti roll bar bushes and drop links as far as my knowledge the rim is not damaged or slightly bent in anyway and there brand new ventus prime tyres the tracking is mm out. But been told not enough to cause any prob is there anythin tht could be doin this as I'm at a dead end and don't know wot to do
no1chunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-13, 05:34 PM   #2

I get the same on my 307. Once I hit 70mph there is vibration on the steering wheel. Same on my last 307 - even after having new tyres, balancing and full wheel alignment. Dunno what causes it but as I usually drive slower than 70 it doesn't affect me that much so I live with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-08-13, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1chunk View Post
Hiya guys need some of ur well known knowledge I been avin steering wheel wobble at all speeds above 70mph iv had the wheels ballanced twice and on there balancer it says 0 so I know tht its perfect iv changed the top mounts anti roll bar bushes and drop links as far as my knowledge the rim is not damaged or slightly bent in anyway and there brand new ventus prime tyres the tracking is mm out. But been told not enough to cause any prob is there anythin tht could be doin this as I'm at a dead end and don't know wot to do
Hi

Mine had it, went when I changed inner ball joint

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-08-13, 05:57 PM   #4
Inactive User

Cheers for the reply its just bugging me coz to m the 2nd owner of the car and wen i 1st got it it was perfect since avin 2 new tyres put on it its been nuffin but trouble iv swapped the wheels over put 2 new tyres on it and done all sorts but im treatin her to new shocks and springs on the rear as there gettin a little soft now due to what i av carried in the past but il just keep lookin.
Old 19-08-13, 05:59 PM   #5
Inactive User

Border all was that before or after u changed it that it started wobbling
Old 19-08-13, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Border all was that before or after u changed it that it started wobbling
It wobbled when I got the car when I checked it had very slight play on the inner ball joint next to the rack went after I changed it not back after maybe 1200!miles

Old 19-08-13, 06:04 PM   #7
Inactive User

How much did it cost you if you mind me asking and how difficult was it to do mite av to av a check see if theres any play
Old 19-08-13, 06:12 PM   #8

Quote:
How much did it cost you if you mind me asking and how difficult was it to do mite av to av a check see if theres any play
Hi did it myself inner track ball joint was about 12 mine is the 1.6 110 model it's loosen outer ball joint and remove, remove inner joint which means taking clips of rack boot there is no nut holding it on I used filter cloth type wrench to undo it needed a couple of long extensions and did it from the wheel arch

Worst bit was an air balance pipe joins the 2 boots never knew and accidentally pulled the other side off was a pain getting it back on with the wheel in place

Was very little movement on the ball but wheel had some play when rocked 3 and 9 position

Old 19-08-13, 06:14 PM   #9
Inactive User

Cheers il look into that see if theres any play
Old 10-01-16, 04:44 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default HELP Peugeot 305

We have about 4 inches of steering wheel play on our Peugeot 305 MK II 1983 while it is off road. But whilst being driven this seems reduced.

However the steering coupling joints on the car do not correspond to the Mark II manual.

All the loose joints that can be tightened have been.

We were at a garage (we are in France) and the mechanic did not seem to know what to order or what to do, it seemed beyond him.

We are worried the car will fail the MOT because of this.

Any advice, anyone.

Thank you Iona
Iona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in