steering judder - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-13, 01:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default steering judder

Hi all,

Just took my peug 308 to garage as had a slight judder up at 60/70mph. Not under braking or slow speed. I expected tracking but the tell me that and steering mechanicals all fine - the reckon it could be power steering pump as fluid in PAS not constant. Bill is going to be around 800 - OUCH anyone in peug land had this kind of problem ?? help??
cogsys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-07-13, 01:48 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi david -wheels were checked and balanced a few week ago - so unfortunately thats not the answer
Old 23-07-13, 02:00 PM   #3

could a weight have fallen off or moved....
assuming it was actually balanced properly of course
or a bulge in the tyre?? even on the inside edge
or a flat spot on the rim-has the car been down any big potholes recently......(anybody else in the family drive it that may have neglected to own up ...)
neil

Last edited by NeilH; 23-07-13 at 02:02 PM.
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-07-13, 03:01 PM   #4
Inactive User

cheers for the feedback and fast response all. Here's a little more detail. Took car to my local garage (a guy I trust and knows his stuff). They have checked and double checked wheel balancing/tyres, all suspension and steering mechanicals and diagnostics on car - nothing to account for judder, Guy did notice that PAS fluid levels had changed after test drive. He then called a peug dealer who started on about new pump and upgraded/improved kit. My guy suggested they look at it on there diagnostics..... cheers all..
Old 23-07-13, 08:05 PM   #5
Inactive User

I've got the exact same problem. My car spent hours in the Pug dealer whilst they were trying to work it out. The only way they managed to get rid of it in the end was by swapping all wheels and tyres. Needless to say this as going to cost a fortune so I just got on with it. Would be interested in what fixes yours!
Old 23-07-13, 08:29 PM   #6

are these the original peugeot wheels or aftermarket ones could the offset be wrong ie too much wheel towards the outer edge of the arch causing twitchy steering?
neil
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-07-13, 08:46 PM   #7
Inactive User

my wheels all standard bought car from pug dealer 2007 ive never changed wheels. i'll post again when its been into dealership in a few days..... just hope they don't say its the ps pump 'sss
Old 23-07-13, 09:28 PM   #8
chopper1192

Get the wheels balanced somewhere else.

Then swap them front to rear.

If they're alloys make sure the mating surfaces if the wheel and hub are surgically clean, like a knife from your cutlery drawer. Use only moly anti seize, NOT copperslip - the copper particles are big enough to cause the wheel to sit microscopically eccentric on the hub and cause the wobbles.

You're more likely to get an apology from Stuart Hall than need a new steering rack.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in