Squeaking/Chirping Noise - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-16, 10:16 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Squeaking/Chirping Noise

Hi,

I have a 2010 Peugeot 308 SW and for the past few months have noticed a strange squeaking noise after I drive for a while, when it's going over little bumps in the road or even when stopping and closing the rear doors or the boot.

It only happens after the car had run for about 10 miles or so and then suddenly stops again after the car has cooled down for about 10 minutes. It almost sounds like a metallic chirping noise and comes from the rear region, underneath the car.

I managed to get a recording of the noise. You can first hear the boot closing and then the chirping sound:

vocaroo.com/i/s1gUDRKhWZcO

vocaroo.com/i/s1LDnkVRs6W1

I first noticed it after I got the tyres changed, but that could just be a coincidence.

I already removed the spare wheel from underneath the car to rule that out and the noise is still there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben
Ben82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-02-16, 11:31 AM   #2
Jes
Inactive User

Check your tailpipe for rubbing against a bracket just inside the bumper moulding. The exhaust grows as it gets hot so it may be something like that.
Old 20-02-16, 12:26 PM   #3
Inactive User

I've just checked and it's nowhere near anything unfortunately. I did drive around for a while again until it started and then put my head under the car while trying to close the boot at the same time and I think it comes from somewhere around the middle of the car, but there are a lot of headshields etc that could cause it I suppose.

If it was coming from the suspension it would probably always make that sound and not just when the car gets warmer, wouldn't it?
Ben82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in