Spare non-remote keys - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-19, 02:25 PM   #1

Default Spare non-remote keys

I have a 2012 Peugeot 308 Access SW. I have just one key for it which works fine but have broken once or twice and had to have the casing replaced.

I want to get a spare key cut (can do so for a reasonable price at Timpsons) but a standard non-remote key (without buttons) is much cheaper (about 65) than having another remote one (about 140).

Was just wondering if there would be any issue with using an old fashioned non-remote key to unlock and start the car. Would there be any issues with the alarm or immobiliser?

The guy at Timpsons seemed think that with a standard key, there is something I would need to do when unlocking the car (like turning the key back in the other direction slightly to turn off the alarm) to turn the alarm off.

Can anyone advise? I'd rather go with a cheaper non-remote key because it's just going to be a spare should the usual one break.

Thanks in advance.
davecrowther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-19, 03:00 PM   #2

Not sure, why not try unlocking your car with the blade and see if the alarm goes off? Putting key into ignition & switching on should silence alarm if it has gone off.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-19, 03:54 PM   #3

The alarm system requires either the remote key OR the ignition turning ON to disarm it.

You can only arm the alarm system by locking the car with the remote fob.

If you unlock the door manually with the alarm system armed it will trigger as soon as the door is opened & will only disarm by using the remote fob unlock button OR switching the ignition ON.

The alarm system will recognize the transponder immobiliser chip inside the key & disarm the alarm system when you switch the ignition ON.

A standard non remote key will disarm the alarm system as long as its coded to the car for the immobiliser.

Old 03-07-19, 09:09 PM   #4

Thank you for the very clear answer. I fully understand.
davecrowther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-19, 11:28 AM   #5

See item 14 before buying.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in